"R&D Trends: Autism Spectrum Disorders - Pipeline growth reflects increasing interest in autism" Published
New Healthcare market report from Datamonitor: "R&D Trends: Autism Spectrum Disorders - Pipeline growth reflects increasing interest in autism"
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 07/04/2012 --The autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) market is a challenging one to penetrate; since 2006 only two products have been successful in entering this marketplace: Risperdal (risperidone; Johnson & Johnson) and Abilify (aripiprazole; Bristol-Myers Squibb). However, as additional agents near the market, increasing interest in ASDs has led to a sizable growth in the clinical pipeline.
- Overview of drugs in late- and early-stage clinical development for autism spectrum disorders.
- Identification of the target product profile for future autism spectrum disorders treatments.
- Summary of clinical trial design in autism spectrum disorders including exploration of key endpoints and assessment methodology.
- Identification of key challenges associated with the conduct of clinical trials in autism spectrum disorders.
- Exploration of future treatment in autism spectrum disorders including the development of personalized treatments and the use of biomarkers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) pipeline remains sparse relative to other conditions that are treated with psychotropic medications. The unknown etiology of ASDs poses a fundamental challenge to the therapeutic discovery process. However, the pipeline growth is encouraging and reflects an increased interest in ASDs.
The two approved therapies for the management of autism spectrum disorders both target the symptoms of irritability. The comparator therapy identified by Datamonitor is Risperdal (risperidone; Johnson & Johnson) as it was the first to be approved in this indication, demonstrates a strong efficacy profile, and is regarded as a first-line therapy.
Key challenges associated with the conduct of clinical trials in autism spectrum disorders are: the unknown etiology of the disorders and heterogeneous symptomology. Communication and language impairments commonly associated with autism spectrum disorders further compound these challenges
Reasons to Get this Report
- How many drugs are in clinical development for the treatment of autism spectrum disorders? What deters companies from investing in this area?
- What symptoms and mechanisms of action are most frequently targeted? What key companies are involved in the pipeline?
- What is the target product profile and most appropriate comparator therapy?
- What are the key challenges in conducting clinical trials in autism spectrum disorders?
- How is the treatment of autism spectrum disorders likely to evolve over the next 10 to 20 years?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Product Profiles: Autism Spectrum Disorders - Growing interest in underserved market
- Case Study: Autism Spectrum Disorders - Public awareness and physician detailing will drive market growth
- Autism Global Clinical Trials Review, Q1, 2011
- Epidemiology: Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Autism - Pipeline Review, H1 2012
- Autism - Pipeline Review, H2 2011
- Crude Oil Industry to 2016 - Deepwater Discoveries Worldwide and Rising Industrial Demand in Emerging Economies Driving the Industry
- Urological Disorders Therapeutics to 2017 - Large Number of Licensing Deals for Approved Products Reflects a Pessimistic R&D Future
- Chronix Biomedical, Inc. - Product Pipeline Analysis
- Pipeline Industry to 2015 - Energy Demand in Asia Pacific and Uptake of Unconventional Gas Driving Growth
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/151094