New Market Study: "Industrial Robotics Market - Global Forecast & Analysis By Applications, Functions, Product & Geography (2012 - 2017)"
Fast Market Research recommends "Industrial Robotics Market - Global Forecast & Analysis By Applications, Functions, Product & Geography (2012 - 2017)" from Markets and Markets, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 07/04/2012 --Industrial Robotics Market - Global Forecast & Analysis by Applications, Functions, Product & Geography (2012 - 2017)
The industrial robotics market has fully recovered from recession with phenomenal growth in recent times. The market is expected to grow at a relatively slower pace in the next five years; driven by factors like growing non-automotive applications of industrial robotics, increasing use of industrial robots in emerging countries, and benefits like increased productivity and reduction in manufacturing costs, cherished from the use of industrial robots. The industrial robotics market segmentation revolves around the four major market parameters; namely products, applications, functions, and geography. The product market segments the industrial robotics market according to the various robots such as articulated, cartesian or gantry, SCARA, cylindrical, and the other robots; whereas application market has been segmented by industries such as automobile, automotive, electrical & electronics, chemical, rubber & plastics, heavy machinery, metals, food & beverage, precision & optics, and the others. The report analyzes the industrial robotics application market, both qualitatively and quantitatively, giving in-depth insights about each application with respect to functions as well.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The industrial robotics market research report aims to capture the market roadmap with market sizes, revenue forecasts, value chain, competitive landscape, leading players and their key developments, strategies, and profiles. The market is split into five regions; namely Americas, Europe, Japan, APAC, and ROW for the geographic analysis of the market.
George Devol applied for the first robotics patents in 1954 (granted in 1961). The first company to produce a robot was Unimation, founded by Devol and Joseph F. Engelberger in 1956, and was based on Devol's original patents. Unimation robots were also called programmable transfer machines since their main use at first was to transfer objects from one point to another, less than a dozen feet or so apart. They used hydraulic actuators and were programmed in joint coordinates, i.e. the angles of the various joints were stored during a teaching phase and replayed in operation.
The global industrial robotics market is estimated to be worth $25.71 billion in 2012 and expected to reach $32.8 billion in 2017 at a CAGR of 5% from 2012 to 2017. In terms of unit shipments, it is estimated to ship 176,586 units in 2012 and 234,122 units in 2017, at a compound grow rate of 5.8% from 2012 to 2017. Growing non-automotive applications of industrial robotics, increasing use of industrial robots in emerging countries, and benefits like increased productivity and reduction in manufacturing costs are certain factors driving the industrial robotics market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Manufacturing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks (IWSN) Market - Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2017)
- Industrial Controls (SCADA, PLC, DCS) & Factory Automation (Field Devices, MES, ERP) Market - Global Forecast & Analysis to 2016
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Market (2011-2016) by Applications, Global Forecast & Analysis
- High Temperature Insulation (HTI) Market By Application and Temperature Range - Global Trends & Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
- Laser Technologies, Components & Applications Market Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2017)
- Wireless Charging Market (2012 - 2017) Global Forecast & Analysis By Technology, Products, and Applications
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN) & Network Virtualization Global Advancements, Business Models, Technology Roadmap, Market Forecasts & Analysis (2012 - 2017)
- Next Generation Biometric Technologies Market Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2017)
- Temperature Sensor Market: A Study of Major Sensor Types & Applications - Global Forecast & Analysis (2011-2016)
- Home Security Solutions Market Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2017)
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/151108