Fast Market Research recommends "Saudi Arabia Defence & Security Report Q3 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/03/2013 -- BMI's report examines the trends witnessed in the country's current and future defence procurement across its armed forces. The report's general conclusion is that Saudi Arabia will continue to invest heavily in defence procurement, giving it military superiority over most of its neighbours in what will remain a volatile region. However, the country's long-term security outlook is less certain. The authoritarian royal family is ageing. Unrest in the country's Shi'a-dominated Eastern Province remains serious. And regional crises could affect Saudi Arabia in unknown ways.
These foreign crises are numerous from Riyadh's perspective. Sectarian violence and al-Qaeda continue to plague Yemen to the south. War between Israel and Iran - Saudi Arabia's regional foe - could have grave repercussions for Riyadh if Iran successfully foments rebellion among Shi'a Muslims in Eastern Province and also in Bahrain. Security crises in Iraq and Syria, meanwhile, threaten to upset the regional balance.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
However, Saudi Arabia is attempting to engage with other countries in the region, including Iran, in order to reduce the risk of serious instability. In particular, Riyadh has reached out to Tehran by inviting President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to visit Mecca; the two countries are also members of a new Syria Contact Group set up by the Egyptian government.
However, despite these and other worthy initiatives, there is relatively little that Riyadh can do to address many of the most pressing security challenges that it has to deal with.
Over the last quarter BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
- Updated information regarding recent procurement activity across the Saudi Arabian army, navy and air force.
- Information regarding Saudi Arabia's posture regarding weapons of mass destruction.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Defense research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Brazil Defence & Security Report Q3 2013
- Poland Defence & Security Report Q3 2013
- Iraq Defence & Security Report Q3 2013
- Bulgaria Defence & Security Report Q3 2013
- Croatia Defence & Security Report Q3 2013
- Russia Defence & Security Report Q3 2013
- Iran Defence & Security Report Q3 2013
- United Arab Emirates Defence & Security Report Q3 2013
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Defence & Security Report Q3 2013
- Colombia Defence & Security Report Q3 2013