The Report EpiCast Report: Sepsis - Epidemiology Forecast to 2023 provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. - MarketResearchReports.biz
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/06/2015 -- Sepsis is a life-threatening complication arising from an infection; it occurs when the bodys response to the infection damages its own tissues and organs. Anyone can develop sepsis; however, the condition is more common among children <1 year of age, older adults, and those with weakened immune systems (Mayo Clinic, 2014). Global estimates for the year 2013 showed that there are around 20 to 30 million patients affected by sepsis every year, of which around 8 million patients die (Reinhart et al., 2013).
View Full Report
In the 6MM, the diagnosed incident cases of sepsis will grow from 1,060,052 cases in 2013 to 1,129,816 cases in 2023, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 0.66% over the forecast period. Throughout the forecast period, the US will have the highest number of diagnosed incident cases of sepsis in the 6MM. the sepsis mortality cases will increase from 439,015 cases in 2013 to 531,282 cases in 2023, at an AGR of 2.10% from 2013 to 2023 in the 6MM. GlobalData epidemiologists attribute the growth in the diagnosed incident cases of sepsis and sepsis mortality cases in the 6MM to changing population demographics in the respective markets.
GlobalDatas epidemiological analysis is supported by the use of country-specific diagnosed incidence and mortality data from epidemiological studies published in peer-reviewed journals. GlobalData epidemiologists used uniform methodology across the 6MM to forecast the diagnosed incident cases of sepsis and sepsis mortality cases to allow for a meaningful comparison of the disease populations across markets.
Download Sample Copy of this Report
- The Sepsis EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of sepsis in the 6MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK). It includes a 10-year epidemiology forecast for the diagnosed incident cases of sepsis segmented by sex, age, severity stage, and causative organism; a 10-year epidemiology forecast for the sepsis mortality cases segmented by sex, age, severity stage, and causative organism. Additionally, the report provides a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed incident cases of sepsis that have comorbid conditions disseminated intravascular coagulopathy (DIC), acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), acute lung injury (ALI), and acute kidney injury (AKI) in the 6MM.
- The sepsis epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 6MM.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global sepsis market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global sepsis market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for sepsis therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Identify the percentage of sepsis incident and mortality cases by severity stage and causative organism.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 4
1.1 List of Tables 6
1.2 List of Figures 7
2 Introduction 8
2.1 Catalyst 8
2.2 Related Reports 9
2.3 Upcoming Reports 9
3 Epidemiology 10
3.1 Disease Background 10
3.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 11
3.3 Global Trends 12
3.3.1 US 12
3.3.2 5EU 12
3.4 Forecast Methodology 13
3.4.1 Sources Used 18
3.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods - Diagnosed Incident Cases of Sepsis 24
3.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods - Sepsis Mortality Cases 26
3.4.4 Forecast Assumptions and Methods - Diagnosed Incident Cases of Sepsis by Severity 27
3.4.5 Forecast Assumptions and Methods - Sepsis Mortality Cases by Severity 28
3.4.6 Forecast Assumptions and Methods - Diagnosed Incident Cases of Sepsis by Causative Organism 29
3.4.7 Forecast Assumptions and Methods - Sepsis Mortality Cases by Causative Organism 31
3.4.8 Forecast Assumptions and Methods - Diagnosed Incident Cases of Sepsis by Comorbid Conditions 32
3.5 Epidemiological Forecast for Sepsis (2013-2023) 34
3.5.1 Diagnosed Incident Cases of Sepsis 34
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
Office: State Tower
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA: Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948