New Market Study: "Global LED Displays, Lighting and Fixtures Market (2011-2016) : Analysis and Forecast by Product, by Applications and by Geography"
Fast Market Research recommends "Global LED Displays, Lighting and Fixtures Market (2011-2016) : Analysis and Forecast by Product, by Applications and by Geography " from Markets and Markets, now available
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWire) -- 01/18/2012 --Global LED Displays, Lighting and Fixtures Market (2011-2016) : Analysis and Forecast by Product (Surface Mounted Display, Conventional LED Walls; HBLED, Color LED, Fixed And Portable Fixtures), by Applications (Backlighting, Signage, General Lighting, Automotive Lighting) and by Geography
The global LED market has witnessed rapid growth due to the demand for efficient displays, lighting, and fixtures along with the rising awareness levels about energy conservation. The LED display market is very broad in terms of end user applications and includes notebook PCs, LCD TVs, handsets signals and many more. Major segments in the lighting market are general lighting, automotive lighting, signs and billboard lighting, with general lighting accounting for approximately 75% of the total lighting market. The construction of new green buildings as well as retrofitting the existing buildings in order to make them green is increasing the demand for energy efficient lighting fixtures and, in turn, driving the lighting fixtures market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
A light-emitting diode (LED) is a semiconductor light source. LEDs are used as indicator lamps in many devices and are increasingly used for other lighting. Introduced as a practical electronic component in 1962, early LEDs emitted low-intensity red light, but modern versions are available across the visible, ultraviolet, and infrared wavelengths, with very high brightness.
In general, a flat-surface uncoated LED semiconductor chip will emit light only perpendicular to the semiconductor's surface, and a few degrees to the side, in a cone shape referred to as the light cone, cone of light or the escape cone. The maximum angle of incidence is referred to as the critical angle. When this angle is exceeded, photons no longer penetrate the semiconductor but are instead reflected both internally inside the semiconductor crystal and externally off the surface of the crystal as if it were a mirror.
Many LED semiconductor chips are potted in clear or colored molded plastic shells. The plastic shell has three purposes:
Mounting the semiconductor chip in devices is easier to accomplish.
The tiny fragile electrical wiring is physically supported and protected from damage.
The plastic acts as a refractive intermediary between the relatively high-index semiconductor and low-index open air
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global LED Driver IC Market for Display & Lighting Applications (2010 - 2015)
- Solid State and Other Energy Efficient Lighting Systems Application Market Trends (2010 - 2015)
- Low Power Next Generation Display Market (2009 - 2014)
- OLED Displays and Lighting Market to 2020 - Technological Innovations Lead to Cost Efficient Products and New Aesthetics
- Global Chip on Board Light Emitting Diode Market (2011 - 2016)
- Global Sensors Market For Automotive Applications (2011 - 2016)
- OLED Market Analysis by Display & Lighting Applications (2010-2015)
- Energy Efficient Displays Technologies to 2020 - Organic Light Emitting Diodes (OLED) Displays Set to Propel Growth of the Industry
- Global Smart/Connected/Hybrid TV Market Forecast by Accessories, Platforms, Middleware, Application & Geography with detailed Value Chain, Competitive Landscaping and Critical Capability (Use Cases) Analysis 2011 - 2016
- Global Printed Electronics Market: Materials, Manufacturing Technologies, Applications & Trends
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/122768