Meningitis Treatment Market Business Segmentation by Revenue Growth Prospects 2026
Seattle, WA -- (SBWire) -- 11/14/2019 --Meningitis is a swelling of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord. It causes due to viral or bacterial infection of the fluid surrounding the brain. However, there are other reasons that can trigger meningitis such as brain tumor, cancer, injuries, and certain drugs. The swelling associated with meninges triggers symptoms such as painful headaches, fever, loss of appetite, and stiffness of the neck. Meningitis is a fatal disease and has a rapid onset of action. If left untreated, it can cause severe damage to the brain in almost half of the total infected population. It can also lead to serious ailments such as mental retardation, epilepsy, and deafness. According to Meningitis Research Foundation, as of 2017, around 80% - 90% of meningitis cases are estimated to be caused by enteroviruses and the remaining 10% is estimated to be caused by herpes virus, mumps, measles, and human immune deficiency virus. According to the Confederation of Meningitis Organizations Inc., in 2010, around 50% of the bacterial meningitis cases occur in children under the age of five years and in adolescent and young adults from 15-24 year of age.
Innovation in technology to combat infectious diseases is expected to drive the future meningitis treatment market
Growing partnerships among public and private sectors, in order to increase availability of vaccine to the populace is expected to drive growth of the global meningitis treatment market. For instance, Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVIs), an international organization, brings together public and private sectors with a goal to provide access to all the latest vaccines to children in the world's poorest countries. People suffering from immune compromised diseases such as HIV, cancer, diabetes, and organ transplants are at higher risk of contracting aseptic meningitis. Moreover, introduction of novel diagnostics and technological platforms are expected to drive growth of the global meningitis treatment market in the near future. For instance, in 2009, venture by Cadila with a U.S.-based vaccine company – Novavax, aimed to develop and manufacture therapeutic and prophylactic vaccines to combat infectious diseases. Furthermore, growing launch of new vaccine with improved mechanism and growing advancement in genetics and immunology are expected to boost growth of the global meningitis treatment market. High incidence of brain injuries due to road accidents are also driving the market growth.
Download A Readymade Sample PDF Copy: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-pdf/954
However, strict regulatory policies and availability of alternate medications are expected to restrain growth of the global meningitis treatment market.
On the basis of geography, the global meningitis treatment market is expected to be the most prominent in the sub-Saharan belt of African, which is also known as the meningitis belt due to higher incidence rate of meningitis C. The second highest incidence rate is recorded in India as reported by the World Health Organization (WHO), 2015. Around 12,000 cases of meningitis C and 800 deaths were recorded in Nigeria, in 2015. This indicates the rising incidence rate of meningitis, which in turn, is expected to propel growth of the meningitis treatment market in the near future.
Global Meningitis treatment market is expected to gain momentum due to high cases of acute meningitis
The market is set to gain momentum due to current unmet needs of vaccinations and increasing incidence of meningitis globally. Joint ventures, collaborations, and investment in research and development activities by various companies are expected to boost growth of the market. For instance, to treat aseptic meningitis, Bristol-Myers Squib is focusing on development of biologics – nivolumab (Opdivo) is in phase 3, and ipilimumab in phase 2.
The key players operating in the global meningitis treatment market include Biomed Pvt. Ltd, Novartis, Nuron Biotech, Pfizer, Baxter, Merck & Co., GSK, and Sanofi.
Get Customized Report as per your Need: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-customization/954
About Coherent Market Insights
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Media Relations Contact
Coherent Market Insights
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/1265181