Diabetic Retinopathy Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast- 2028
DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Albany, NY -- (SBWire) -- 11/21/2019 --Diabetic Retinopathy Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast- 2028
1. Around 4.1 million US adults (40 years and older) have diabetic retinopathy; 1 of every 12 persons with diabetic retinopathy in this age group has advanced, vision-threatening retinopathy.
2. Diabetic Retinopathy prevalence was 2.9% in newly diagnosed diabetes mellitus patients and 14% in already diagnosed diabetes mellitus patients in the year 2002.
3. 12,000 and 24,000 new cases of blindness from diabetic retinopathy occur in the United States each year.
(Albany, US) DelveInsight launched a new report on Diabetic Retinopathy Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. Diabetic Retinopathy market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Diabetic Retinopathy Epidemiology and Diabetic Retinopathy market in the 7 MM (the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Diabetic Retinopathy market report provides insights into current and emerging therapies.
3. Diabetic Retinopathy market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Diabetic Retinopathy market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and leading the Diabetic Retinopathy market.
Request for sample pages
"Approximately 93 million people with diabetic retinopathy and around 17 million were affected with Proliferative diabetic retinopathy worldwide."
Diabetic Retinopathy treatment is dependent on the type and severity of the disease. Diabetic Retinopathy treatment is mainly focused on slowing or stopping the progression of the condition. Once Diabetic Retinopathy has been diagnosed, ophthalmological treatment with laser photocoagulation is primarily directed to treat two key complications: retinal neovascularization and severe or clinically significant macular edema.
Intravitreal therapies with anti-VEGF agents, particularly Eylea, and Lucentis have substantially improved the prognosis of potentially severe ocular diseases. The anti-VEGF treatment has superseded macular laser treatment and is now the first-line therapy for Diabetic Macular Oedema involving the central macula. In May 2019, the US FDA approved Aflibercept (Eylea) for the treatment of patients with Diabetic Retinopathy. Ranibizumab (Lucentis) 0.3 mg is also supported by the FDA for the monthly treatment of all forms of Diabetic Retinopathy.
In the coming years, future treatment strategies might concentrate on less invasive delivery methods or alternative therapeutic targets.
The launch of the emerging therapies is expected to significantly impact the Diabetic Retinopathy treatment scenario in the upcoming years: -
1. BI 1467335
3. THR-317 & THR-687
And many others
The key players in Diabetic Retinopathy market are:
1. Boehringer Ingelheim
2. Aerpio Pharmaceuticals
3. Oxurion (ThromboGenics)
And many others
Table of contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Diabetic Retinopathy Market Overview at a Glance
3. Diabetic Retinopathy Disease Background and Overview
4. Diabetic Retinopathy Epidemiology and Patient Population
5. Diabetic Retinopathy Country- Wise Epidemiology
5.1. United States
6. Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment & Medical Practices
7. Diabetic Retinopathy Marketed Drugs
7.1. Eylea (Aflibercept): Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
7.2 Lucentis (Ranibizumab): Genentech
8. Diabetic Retinopathy Emerging Therapies
8.1. Key Cross Competition
8.2. AKB-9778: Aerpio Pharmaceuticals
8.3. BI 1467335: Boehringer Ingelheim
9. Diabetic Retinopathy Market Size
10. Diabetic Retinopathy 7MM Country-Wise Market Analysis
10.1. United States
10.6. United Kingdom
11. Diabetic Retinopathy Report Methodology
12. DelveInsight Capabilities
14. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.
Media Relations Contact
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/1265917