New Market Study: "Travel and Tourism in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016"
Fast Market Research recommends "Travel and Tourism in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016" from Timetric, now available
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWire) -- 04/25/2012 --South Africa's travel and tourism industry contributed 4.8% to the national GDP and represented XX% of the country's total employment in 2011. Total tourist volume, including domestic, inbound and outbound, declined during the review period due to the global financial crisis, which resulted in job losses and low levels of consumer confidence. However, tourist volume registered growth in 2010 due to the hosting of the 2010 FIFA World Cup. South Africa's tourist volume is expected to grow over the forecast period due to the country's growing economy, government initiatives and the development of tourism infrastructure. The National Tourism Sector Strategy (NTSS) under the guidance of the Ministry of Tourism aims to accelerate the growth of the tourism industry over 2010-2020 to realize tourism potential and make South Africa one of the top twenty global tourism destinations by 2020.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides an extensive analysis of the travel and tourism market in South Africa:
- It details historical values for the South African travel and tourism industry for 2007-2011, along with forecast figures for 2012-2016
- It provides top-level analysis of the overall travel and tourism market, as well as individual category values for both the 2007-2011 review period and the 2012-2016 forecast period
- The report makes a detailed analysis and projection of tourist spending patterns in South Africa
- The report profiles the top travel and tourism companies in South Africa
Reasons to Get this Report
- Take strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to the South African travel and tourism industry and each sector within it
- Understand the demand and supply-side dynamics within the South African travel and tourism industry, along with key market trends and growth opportunities
- Assess the competitive landscape in the travel and tourism market in South Africa, and formulate effective market-entry strategies
- Identify the growth opportunities and industry dynamics within the South African tourism industry's key categories, including transportation, accommodation and travel intermediaries
Companies Mentioned in this Report: South African Airways Ltd, South African Express Airways Ltd, Cabs Car Hire (Pty) Limited, Tempest Car Hire, Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa, MSC Starlight Cruises, The Michelangelo Hotel, Pepper Club Luxury Hotel & Spa, Harvey World Travel Agents, Kuoni Private Safaris, Travelstart, Travelonline "
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Travel and Tourism in South Korea, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Travel and Tourism in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Hosting of Winter Olympics Will Drive Investments In Tourism Infrastructure
- Travel and Tourism in the Philippines, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Government Committed to Increased Investment and Regulatory Change to Promote Tourism Growth
- Travel and Tourism in Brazil, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Hosting of FIFA World Cup and Olympic Games to Promote Tourism Growth
- Travel and Tourism in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Tourism Infrastructure Benefiting From Government Investment
- Travel and Tourism in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Public-Private Partnership Investments are Driving Rapid Development of Transportation Infrastructure
- Travel and Tourism in Egypt, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Travel and Tourism in Vietnam, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Travel and Tourism in Mexico, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Travel and Tourism in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/138442