"Global Mining Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Mining Industry" - New Market Report
New Materials market report from ICD-Research: "Global Mining Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Mining Industry"
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWire) -- 05/03/2012 --This report is the result of an extensive survey drawn from ICD Research's exclusive panel of leading global mining industry executives. The report provides data and analysis on global mining industry suppliers' media spend, marketing and sales strategies, and practices and business planning within the global mining industry. This report includes key topics such as media channel spending outlooks, media budgets, marketing agency selection criteria, business challenges, and sales tactics of leading suppliers within global mining industry. The report also identifies global mining industry buyers' and suppliers' future growth, M&A and investment expectations.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Most secondary research reports are based on general industry drivers and do not understand the industry executives' attitude and changing behaviours, creating a gap in presenting the business outlook of the industry. In an effort to bridge this gap, ICD Research created this primary-research based report by gathering the opinions of multiple stake holders in the value-chain of the global mining industry.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The average size of annual marketing budgets of mining industry suppliers was recorded at US$2 million in 2011, and has risen to US$3.3 million in 2012.
Mining suppliers with the highest turnovers project their marketing expenditure to increase by an average of 6% over the next 12 months, while respondents from medium and small companies anticipate their average expenditures to increase by 5% and 9% respectively.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
'Market uncertainty', 'Rising competition', and 'Cost containment' were all listed as the highest concerns for organizations in 2011 - 2012, outranked only by 'Retention or recruitment of skilled staff.'
This implies that marketing budgets are set to increase considerably in 2012, as companies devise more aggressive marketing plans, which correspond with the projections in positive revenue growth as identified in section 3.1.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Mercator Minerals Ltd, Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited, Neyveli Lignite Corporation, Caterpillar Inc, Atlas Copco, Whitehaven Coal, Colorado Goldfields Inc, Atlas Copco Beteiligungs GmbH, American Sierra Gold Corp, Aston Resources, Boardwalk Resources, Arch Coal, International Coal Group, Norilsk Nickel, Caterpillar, AngloGold Ashanti, Bentley Systems Inc, FLSmidth, Karara Mining Limited, Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, Eskom, Dongshi, Colombia Clean Power & Fuels, Joy Global Inc, International Mining Machinery Holdings Limited, Brazil Gold, Software Sciences Corporation, ALROSA Co. Ltd, Yanzhou Coal Mining, Korea Western Power, Woulfe Mining Corp, Newmont Mining Corp, Tata Steel Minerals, Industrea Mining Services, Konecranes, Amarc Resources, Xstrata Copper and Gemcom Software International
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Competing For Share Of Global Mining Industry Spend In 2010-2011: Supplier Marketing & Sales Strategies & Industry Outlook
- Competing for a Share of Sustainability Expenditure in the Mining Industry 2010-2012: Green Marketing Strategies and Drivers, Mining Supplier Expenditure Activity, and Impact on Profitability
- What The Global Mining Industry Is Planning In 2010-2011: Procurement, Investment & Industry Trends Outlook
- Global Mining Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Global Mining Supplier Industry Outlook Survey 2011-2012: Industry Dynamics, Market Trends and Opportunities, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies
- Sustainability Management in the Mining Industry 2010-2012: Market Opportunities, Mining Industry Buyer Demand, Post Recession Dynamics and Business Trends Forecast
- Business Confidence in the Global Mining Industry in 2011-12: Industry Dynamics, Market Trends and Opportunities, and Demand and Expenditure Forecast
- Competing For Share Of Global Chemicals Industry Spend In 2010-2011: Supplier Marketing & Sales Strategies & Industry Outlook
- Marketing Spend Activity, Sales Behaviors and Strategies in the Mining Industry - 2011-2012: Survey Intelligence
- Global Mining Industry Outlook Survey 2011-2012: Industry Dynamics, Market Trends and Opportunities, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/139754