Recently Released Market Study: European Carbon Market Update
New Energy market report from Datamonitor: "European Carbon Market Update"
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWire) -- 05/07/2012 --The successful implementation of emissions schemes in the near future largely depends on domestic politics, climate policy enforcement, and commitment to combat climate change. The EU has continued with its agenda of environmental reforms and carbon markets clearly have the potential to experience dramatic growth, thereby providing significant opportunities for utilities and cleantech investments.
- Provides an overview of the global carbon market in terms of structure, trend, market size, and so on, while focusing on the European region.
- Highlights the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) and its underlying compliance periods, including future outlook.
- Evaluates various countries in Europe in terms of climate change performance based on emissions trend, emissions level, and climate policy.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Launched in 2005 with the aim of reducing emissions by 21% in 2020 compared to 2005 levels, the EU ETS largely dominates the global allowance market. It is the most important mechanism globally and serves as the foundation of the EU's policy for climate change, focusing on the mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions in a cost-effective manner.
The EU ETS has been successful in reflecting the macro-economic trend, with EU ETS carbon prices following a trend similar to that of commodities like oil and natural gas over the last few years.
Climate change performance varies widely across the European nations. Countries such as Sweden, Norway, Germany, France, and the UK exhibit strong performance and have achieved high rankings in 2011, in contrast to countries such as Poland and Italy that exhibited weaker performance.
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Understand the global carbon market and the role of the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS).
- Identify opportunities for energy utilities for investment in clean technology in the European market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global carbon market update
- European Wholesale Carbon Market Development
- European Union - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Global Carbon Policy Handbook 2010 - Policies Driving the Growth of Carbon Trading Markets
- Carbon Energy Limited (CNX) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Global Carbon Policy Analysis Policy Initiatives Driving the Growth of the Carbon Sequestration Market
- Half Yearly Update on Solar PV Industry - European Countries Continue to Dominate Industry
- Biogas Power in Austria, Market Outlook to 2020, 2011 Update - Capacity, Generation, Power Plants, Regulations and Company Profiles
- Biomass Power in Austria, Market Outlook to 2020, 2011 Update - Capacity, Generation, Power Plants, Regulations and Company Profiles
- Utility Carbon Reduction Strategies to Drive Commercial Success
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/140854