"Leading Global Department Stores - Company Benchmarking Analysis Report" - New Market Report
Recently published research from Canadean, "Leading Global Department Stores - Company Benchmarking Analysis Report", is now available at Fast Market Research
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWire) -- 05/10/2012 --Canadean's 'Global Department Stores - Company Benchmarking Analysis Report' compares the strength of the leading department stores globally relative to each other and international averages for retailers in the department stores.
The benchmark analysis is based on key parameters and ratios that explain the performance of a particular company against that of its immediate peers and its overall channel of operation. As such, it provides an easy-to-use analysis which highlights the companies that are setting the benchmark performance in their channel of operation.
TJX was the strongest performer of the leading global department stores. The company's strong performance was driven by the high scores it received for scale and growth, operational efficiency and financial performance pillars.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Both TJX and Kohl's were the top performers under the scale and growth pillar. TJX was also the best performer under the financial performance pillar where as Marks and Spencer performed the best under the operational efficiency pillar.
Isetan Mitsukoshi was the weakest performer of the leading global department stores. The company's poor performance was driven by the weak scores it received across all the pillars.
The global department stores market is highly concentrated. Large US store chains, including Sears Holdings, Macy's and TJX, dominate the global market. The global department stores market has been contracting in recent years as it is faced with increased competition from hypermarkets, discounters and online retailers.
The report provides a peer group benchmarking analysis of leading department stores globally. The peer group is selected from our Retailer Company Benchmark Database which covers the leading 1,000 global retailers. The peer group covered includes leading department stores globally.
The retailers covered in the report are:
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Macy's, Inc.
- The TJX Companies, Inc.
- Kohl's Corporation
- J. C. Penney Company, Inc.
- Marks and Spencer Group plc
- Isetan Mitsukoshi Holdings Ltd.
- J. Front Retailing Co., Ltd.
- Takashimaya Company, Limited
- Home Retail Group Plc
Reasons to Get this Report
- Understand the relative competitive strengths and weaknesses of the players covered, both compared to each other, as well as for the average performance of retailers in this channel around the world.
- Detailed scorecards and summary "heat charts" provide clear, concise "at a glance" analysis of the relative performance of the companies covered across a range of metrics. While more detailed data provides the granular detail behind these concise analyses.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Asia-Pacific Leading Department Stores - Company Benchmarking Analysis Report
- South and Central American Leading Department Stores - Company Benchmarking Analysis Report
- European Leading Department Stores - Company Benchmarking Analysis Report
- North American Leading Department Stores - Company Benchmarking Analysis Report
- Leading Global Hypermarkets, Supermarkets and Discounters - Company Benchmarking Analysis Report
- Leading Asia-Pacific Convenience Stores, Neighborhood Stores and Gas Stations - Company Benchmarking Analysis Report
- Leading Global Home Furniture and Housewares Retailers - Company Benchmarking Analysis Report
- Leading North American Convenience Stores, Neighborhood Stores and Gas Stations - Company Benchmarking Analysis Report
- Leading Global Home Improvement and Gardening Supplies Retailers - Company Benchmarking Analysis Report
- Global Department Stores Market Size and Forecast to 2015
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/141017