Recently Released Market Study: Mealtime and Snacking Trends in Australia
New Food market report from Datamonitor: "Mealtime and Snacking Trends in Australia"
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWire) -- 05/11/2012 --Eating and drinking patterns in Australia continue to evolve in line with consumers' changing needs and priorities. Moreover, these priorities fluctuate depending on the time of day and consumption occasion. Accordingly, this report captures 'a day in the life' of an Australian consumer, and identifies the key issues that define each consumption occasion and ultimately influence product choice.
- Experience a day in the life of a typical Australian consumer, by gaining insight into the key issues that inform each main meal and snacking occasion
- Access a comprehensive data model developed specifically for this report, which covers food and drink consumption occasions and spend in Australia
- Draw inspiration from best-practice examples from around the world that most effectively cater to specific eating and drinking occasions
For the average Australian in 2011, 37% of all eating and drinking occasions were snacks. While main meal consumption will decline or plateau over the next few years, snack consumption in the morning, afternoon and evening is forecast to increase significantly as consumers seek meal solutions that better adapt to their hectic lifestyles.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Reflecting the shift to a 'clockless day', the late-night snacking opportunity is a lucrative one, with Australians spending a total of $7.6 billion on evening snacks in 2011. The occasion is most popular among younger consumers, with Australians aged 18-24 consuming an evening snack around four times a week.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What are the fastest-growing consumption occasions in Australia and what does this represent in market value? Who and what is driving this growth?
- Why are Australians snacking more frequently? To what extent do their motivations for snacking differ throughout the day?
- What proportion of overall spend is represented by beverages? Is the role of drinks changing in the context of meal and snack consumption?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of Food and Beverage Consumer Trends in Australia
- Future Flavor Trends in Food: New opportunities in sensory innovation
- The Future of Snacks: Category convergence, NPD and key trends driving growth opportunities in snacks
- Innovation In Healthy Snacks: Growth opportunities in guilt-free, functional and hi-energy products
- Consumer Trends in the Savory Snacks Market in the UK
- Growth Strategies in Ready Meals: Consumer drivers, new meal opportunities, innovation and format and flavor trends
- Consumer Trends in the Savory Snacks Market in the US
- Mealtime Habits: Lunch
- Profiting from Changing Snacking Preferences of Indian Consumers
- Growth Strategies in Bakery and Cereals: Key trends and future product opportunities
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/141048