Gas Infrastructure in Europe - New Market Report Now Available
New Energy market report from Datamonitor: "Gas Infrastructure in Europe "
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 05/17/2012 --Highlights: The EU possesses only 1.6% of the world's proved natural gas reserves, and produces only 6.2% of the total production on earth, making imports a necessity now and in the foreseeable future. Natural gas is likely to become the energy source of choice in Europe after Germany and other countries decided to abandon nuclear energy.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Russia is the owner of proven natural gas reserves estimated at 1,680tcf located mainly in Siberia and is also the world's second largest producer of natural gas after the US, and the EU's largest external supplier. Four of Russia's seven major export pipelines move product to Europe and have a combined capacity of 4.0 tcf.
Shale gas refers to natural gas trapped within shale formations. The two key pieces of legislation at EU level that apply to shale gas activities are the Hydrocarbons Directive and REACH. Very little specific legislation or regulation, either at an EU or member-state level, currently exists regarding shale gas activities.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What are the major gas pipelines and what are the downsides to the proposed routes?
- What are the major gas projects and how is this impacting the political environment?
- How will the supply infrastructure change over the next 20 years?
- What is the capital expenditure on major gas pipelines and projects over the next 20 years?
- What is the future outlook for European gas infrastructure and which countries are most likely benefit?
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Admiral Group plc, BASF SE, Cambridge University Press, ConocoPhillips, Deutsche Post DHL, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, European Investment Bank, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Hutchison 3G UK Limited, Informa plc, International Finance Corporation, Koninklijke Vopak NV, Mitsui & Co., Ltd., MOL Group, National Iranian Oil Company, National Oil Corporation, OAO Gazprom, OJSC Rosneft Oil Company, Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS), Publicis Groupe SA, Qatar Petroleum, Schindler Holding Ltd., SES SA, Sonatrach, TOTAL S.A., Unit 4 N.V., Uralsvyazinform OJSC
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Oil and Gas Supply Demand Outlook in Europe and Former Soviet Union to 2020 - Supply Diversification Affecting the Future Scenario
- The Future of the South Eastern Europe Natural Gas Market
- Global Underground Gas Storage Industry to 2013: Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts of All Active and Planned Underground Gas Storage Sites
- Gas Processing Industry Outlook in Europe, 2012 - Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts of All Active and Planned Gas Processing Plants in Europe to 2013
- Gas Infrastructure in Europe
- Europe Undergound Gas Storage Industry to 2013: Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts of All Active and Planned Undergound Gas Storage Sites in Europe
- Gas Shales in Europe, 2011 - Market Analysis, Industry Development and Competitive Landscape
- The Top 10 European Utility Companies: Growth strategies, performance and SWOT analyses
- Competing For Share Of Global Upstream Oil & Gas Industry Spend In 2010-2011: Supplier Marketing & Sales Strategies & Industry Outlook
- Europe Striving Towards Diversifying Natural Gas Sources - Implications for Russian Gas Exports and Gas Producers from Middle East and North Africa
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/142133