Varian Medical Systems - Product Pipeline Analysis
Naperville, IL -- (SBWire) -- 07/04/2012 --Varian Medical Systems, Inc. (Varian) is a manufacturer of medical devices and software for the treatment of cancer. Varian designs, manufactures and sells equipment and software for the diagnosis and treatment of cancer and other medical conditions through radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. The company offers X-ray tubes and digital image detectors that are used in medical, dental, veterinary, scientific and industrial sectors. The company designs, manufactures, sells and services linear accelerators, image processing software and image detection products for security and inspection purposes and proton therapy products and systems for cancer treatment. The company, together with its subsidiaries and manufacturing facilities, operates across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. Varian is headquartered in Palo Alto, California, the US.
The company focuses on achieving organic through pursuing acquisitions. In line with this strategy, In April 2012, the company acquired InfiMed, Inc., a supplier of hardware and software for processing diagnostic X-ray images. In October 2011, the company acquired Calypso Medical Technologies, Inc., a supplier of specialized products and software for real-time tumor tracking and motion management.
This report is a source for data, analysis and actionable intelligence on the Varian Medical Systems portfolio of pipeline products. The report provides detailed analysis on each pipeline product with information on the indication, the development stage, trial phase, product milestones, pipeline territory, estimated approval date, and estimated launch date.
Each pipeline product is profiled to cover information on product description, function, technology, indication, and application. The report is also supplemented with a detailed company profile and information on clinical trials, wherever applicable.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
- Detailed Varian Medical Systems company profile with information on business description, key company facts, major products and services, key competitors, key employees, locations and subsidiaries and recent developments.
- Detailed coverage on all the Varian Medical Systems pipeline products, by equipment type, by therapy area, by development stage, and by trial phase.
- Information on product milestones and pipeline territory for each product, the estimated approval date, and estimated launch date.
- Profile of each pipeline product with additional information on product description, function, technology, indication(s), and application.
- Data on relevant Varian Medical Systems clinical trials and product patent details, wherever applicable.
- Information on clinical trial, wherever applicable, is supplemented with information on trial phase, trial status, trial objective, trial design, target patients, unique physician identifier, primary point, secondary point, acronym, participants inclusion, participants exclusion, interventions, trial results, trial start date, trial end date, study type, trial site, trial funding, age eligibility, and gender eligibility.
Reasons to Buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends and developments driving the medical devices pipeline and technology landscape globally.
- Design and develop your product development, marketing and sales strategies.
- Exploit M&A opportunities by identifying market players with the most innovative pipeline.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies.
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products, most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- Develop competition strategies by identifying the status and likely launch of your competitors’ pipeline products through review of the clinical trials, stage and phase of development, etc.
- Which are the next high-value products that your competitor would add in its portfolio? – identify, understand and capitalize.
To view table of contents for this market report please visit
Media Relations Contact
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/150956