New Market Report: Workforce Reductions in Pharmaceuticals - Outsourcing, External Innovation and Collaboration Will Drive the Industry Forward
New Pharmaceuticals market report from GBI Research: "Workforce Reductions in Pharmaceuticals - Outsourcing, External Innovation and Collaboration Will Drive the Industry Forward"
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 07/07/2012 --GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, "Workforce Reductions in Pharmaceuticals - Outsourcing, External Innovation and Collaboration Will Drive the Industry Forward". Job losses within the pharmaceutical industry are an on-going reality. In the light of this fact, this new report focuses on managing staff during the redundancy process and managing site closures. It also investigates future outlook for the industry and highlights where the best job opportunities lie.
The report is built using information from primary and secondary research including interviews with experts in the field.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
GBI Research analysis shows that all of the biggest pharma companies have been looking hard at the way in which they invest in new product development. Although companies are adopting a number of different ways of tackling the problems they face, trends that emerge include a focus on emerging markets both in terms of increasing sales and R&D capabilities; an increasing trend towards outsourcing of different activities within drug discovery and development; and increasing reliance on products conceived externally to fuel company pipelines. In order to support innovation externally, companies are spinning out assets whilst retaining an equity stake and board membership, setting up incubators on company premises to support emerging new companies, supporting life science research through the development of innovation funds and venture capital groups to invest in early stage research and developing closer links with academia. Independent bioscience incubators also have a major role to play in supporting the life science community.
- Detailed statistics on job losses over the past decade and analysis of the affect of cuts on different job types in different companies.
- Discussion of strategies for improving workforce morale during the redundancy and site closure processes.
- Analysis of site closures across the globe and review of the sale and repurposing of ex-pharma R&D sites.
- Review of the new strategies being adopted by the pharma industry to fuel their future growth and success.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Identify trends in workforce reduction through statistics and in depth discussion of underlying factors leading to the job cuts.
- Develop strategies for managing site closures or redundancies that will help to maintain workforce morale.
- Review the outcomes of site closures in different regions of the globe.
- Understand the ways in which the industry is evolving to meet the new challenges it faces, including greater reliance on external innovation and increased outsourcing.
- Find examples of successful life science incubators that support new companies in their early years and will help fuel the pharma pipelines of the future.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Phase Forward Incorporated (PFWD) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Innovative R&D Strategies and Models - Outsourcing, Strategic Partnerships and Licensing to Improve Productivity and Contain Costs
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ISIS) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc (ALNY) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Generic Drugs: Global collaboration opportunities
- Pharmaceuticals: Advanced Emerging Markets (Brazil, Hungary, Mexico, Poland, South Africa, Taiwan) Industry Guide
- Sanofi-Aventis (SANN) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Pharmaceuticals - Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/151187