New Market Study Published: Mexico Mining Report 2012
New Materials market report from Business Monitor International: "Mexico Mining Report 2012"
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 07/26/2012 --We expect Mexico's mining sector to experience steady growth in the coming years as mining companies are attracted to large precious and base metals resources. We forecast the value of Mexico's mining sector to grow from US$13.7bn in 2011 to US$15.7bn by 2016. We expect the bulk of this growth to come from precious metals mining as the world's largest silver producer continues to attract investment. The country will benefit from a stable business environment and favourable mining regulations, despite some uncertainty surrounding the upcoming presidential election. Mexico's Chamber of Mines (Camimex) estimates total mining investment in 2012 to come in around US$5.0bn.
Increases In Metal Production Ahead
While Mexico's mining sector will remain a relative laggard compared to Latin American peers such as Brazil, Chile and Peru, we expect exploration expenditures will reveal new deposits that will support the sector's long-term growth. Mexico's mining output will be driven primarily by precious metals such as silver and gold. However, we note the potential for large increases in lead and zinc as well as copper output over the forecast period as mine investment begins to diversify away from precious metals.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Mexico's vast silver resources will allow it to remain the world leader in mined silver production over our forecast period. As key silver mining companies develop and expand mines, we forecast silver production growth of 5.0% in 2012, with total output reaching 207moz by 2016. Silver miner Fresnillo will remain a sector leader, accounting for roughly one quarter of Mexican production. Junior companies will also seek to develop small- to medium-sized silver mines as elevated prices and large silver resources attract attention from precious metals miners.
As precious metals miners uncover new silver deposits, we expect increasing attention will be focused on the discovery of promising gold mines as well. Though Mexico is not a major global gold producer, we believe the favourable business environment and existing silver mining presence could encourage strong growth in gold production in the coming years. Major global miners such as Goldcorp are already well established in the country and could be a key player in acquiring junior resource companies that are able to uncover economically attractive gold deposits. That said, the gold sector remains in the early stages of development, which could weigh on output growth going forward.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Mining Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Global Mining Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Mining Monthly Deal Analysis - April 2012: M&A and Investment Trends
- Asia-Pacific Uranium Mining Regulatory and Fiscal Regime Report, 2012 - Regulatory Framework, Rights and Obligations and Key Fiscal Terms
- South and Central America Bauxite Mining Regulatory and Fiscal Regime Report, 2012 - Regulatory Framework, Rights and Obligations and Key Fiscal Terms
- Asia-Pacific Bauxite Mining Regulatory and Fiscal Regime Report, 2012 - Regulatory Framework, Rights and Obligations and Key Fiscal Terms
- Sustainability in the Global Mining Industry 2011-2012: Market Trends and Opportunities, Profitability and Budget Forecasts, Mining Industry Procurement and Marketing Initiatives
- The Polish Mining Industry Outlook - Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2016
- Sumitomo Metal Mining Co., Ltd. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Chile Mining Report Q3 2012
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/155048