"Epidemiology: Breakthrough Cancer Pain - Explosion of pain due to increased cancer incidence" - New Market Report
Recently published research from Datamonitor, "Epidemiology: Breakthrough Cancer Pain - Explosion of pain due to increased cancer incidence", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 07/27/2012 --Global cancer incidence is increasing rapidly, with about 12.4 million cases in 2008. In the next 50 years, cancer incidence will rise globally, driven by aging populations and an increase in risk factors. Consequently, the cancer burden will increase substantially across populations leading to increased mortality, disability, and unbearable pain, including breakthrough cancer pain.
- Gain insights into the estimates and forecast of breakthrough cancer pain in the US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK.
- Gain insights into the possible underlying risk factors driving the epidemiology of cancer in the seven major markets.
Datamonitor estimates that there were 2.6 million cancer patients experiencing breakthrough pain in the seven major markets in 2011. In the US, there were around 1.03 million cancer patients with breakthrough cancer pain in 2011. By 2021, Datamonitor estimates that the number of cancer patients experiencing breakthrough pain will reach 1.3 million.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In Japan, approximately 455,800 cancer patients had breakthrough pain in 2011, but the number is expected to increase to approximately 536,700 by the end of 2021.
In the five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK), there were 1.12 million cancer patients experiencing breakthrough pain. Germany had the highest number of breakthrough cancer pain patients with Spain having the least, in line with cancer incidence found in these countries
Reasons to Get this Report
- What are the most robust sources for breakthrough cancer pain prevalence data?
- What is the current cancer patient population with breakthrough pain in the seven major markets?
- How will the breakthrough cancer pain patient population change over the next decade in the US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cancer Pain Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Prescribing Trends in Opioids - Driven by Efficacy Advantages, Opioids to Remain the Mainstay of Breakthrough Pain Management
- Cancer Supportive Care Products Market to 2016 - Market is Expected to Decline after 2014 Due to Generic Erosion and Entry of Biosimilars
- Cancer Pain Global Clinical Trials Review, H1, 2012
- Cancer Pain Global Clinical Trials Review, Q1, 2011
- Cancer Pain - Pipeline Review, Q1 2011
- Pain Management Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Price Competition to Intensify Following Patent Expiries of Lyrica and Cymbalta
- Cancer Pain - Pipeline Review, H1 2012
- Cancer Pain - Pipeline Review, H2 2011
- Pain Global Clinical Trials Review, Q1, 2011
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/155089