New Market Report: Antidepressants Market to 2018 - Despite Safety Concerns, Selective Serotonin Re-Uptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) Continue to Dominate in the Absence of Effective Therapeutic Alternatives
Recently published research from GBI Research, "Antidepressants Market to 2018 - Despite Safety Concerns, Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) Continue to Dominate in the Absence of Effective Therapeutic Alternatives", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 11/29/2012 --Antidepressants Market to 2018 - Despite Safety Concerns, Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) Continue to Dominate in the Absence of Effective Therapeutic Alternatives
GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, "Antidepressants Market to 2018 - Despite Safety Concerns, Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) Continue to Dominate in the Absence of Effective Therapeutic Alternatives", which provides insights into the antidepressants market until 2018. The report is built using data sourced from our proprietary databases and primary and secondary research, in addition to analysis from our in-house specialized team of experts. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the major antidepressants therapies, including SSRIs, Serotonin-Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRIs) and Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCAs), covering Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) and Panic Disorder (PD). The report provides the sales for the global antidepressant market in addition to the individual indication markets. It also examines the global antidepressant market treatment usage patterns, in addition to the geographical distribution of antidepressants across the US, the top five countries of Europe, and Japan. The report also includes insights into the antidepressants R&D product pipeline and explores the competitive landscape, including major players in the antidepressants market. Finally, the report also includes analysis on the Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As) and licensing agreements that took place in antidepressant market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
GBI Research analysis shows that the overall global antidepressant market for the four indications, (MDD, OCD, GAD and PD) was valued at $11.9 billion in 2011, growing from $10.5 billion in 2004 and indicating a Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 1.7%. The market is forecast to reach revenues of approximately $13.4 billion by 2018 for the above mentioned four major indications, increasing at a CAGR of 1.8%. Overall the number of prescriptions for antidepressant has risen, but this has been offset by a number of patent expiries and high generic entry. Drugs currently in development have taken on a new multi-targeted approach, combining targets known to be beneficial for the treatment of MDD, OCD, GAD and PD. The future of the antidepressant market is reliant on the positive safety profiles of drugs in the pipeline, with no disease-modifying therapies expected to enter the market in the near future.
- The report analyzes the treatment usage patterns, market characterization, pipeline analysis, competitive landscape and key M&A trends in the global antidepressant market for MDD, OCD, GAD and PD.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: H. Lundbeck, AstraZeneca, Eli Lilly and Company, Forest Laboratories, Pfizer Inc., GlaxoSmithKline, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Novel Therapies in Oncology - Protein Kinase Inhibitors, Monoclonal Antibodies and Vaccines Therapeutic Classes Dominate Late-Stage Pipeline
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Depression Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Orphan Diseases Therapeutics in Oncology to 2018 - Strongly Diversified Developmental Pipelines Indicate Long-Term Growth Potential despite Moderate Scope of Current Late Stage Molecules
- Prescribing Trends in Opioids - Driven by Efficacy Advantages, Opioids to Remain the Mainstay of Breakthrough Pain Management
- Ophthalmology Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Dosing Convenience and Cost-effectiveness Continue to Drive Eylea's Prescription Share in Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration (Wet-AMD)
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Targeted Cancer Drugs The Launch Landscape to 2018
- Substance Abuse Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Effective Drug Therapies in the Treatment of Alcohol and Opioid Dependence Offer Significant Market Opportunities
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/183371