New Market Report: Market and Product Forecasts: Top 20 Oncology Therapy Brands 2011-21 - Avastin Fails to Top Any Individual Market in 2011
Recently published research from Datamonitor, "Market and Product Forecasts: Top 20 Oncology Therapy Brands 2011-21 - Avastin fails to top any individual market in 2011", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 11/29/2012 --The high level of commercial success experienced by the key companies in the cancer therapy market makes the market extremely attractive to drug developers. Treatment of cancer has shifted toward a more focused attack on the disease with targeted therapies. However, austerity packages imposed could see slower commercial growth and larger generic erosion of key brands.
- Analysis of the top 20 oncology therapy brands in the seven major markets
- In depth analysis of the factors influencing the top 20 oncology brands in individual countries of the seven major markets
- Sales forecasts for the top 20 cancer therapy brands from 2011 to 2021
- Brand dynamics and assessment of the top 5 cancer brands in the seven major markets
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The total sales of the top 20 cancer therapy brands in the seven major markets was $37.2bn in 2011, with targeted therapies representing 74% of those sales. However, the oncology market is fragmenting as developers focus on niche subsets of patients with specific genetic mutations, making it harder for drugs to reach blockbuster status.
Targeted therapies dominated the market, and will increase their share of the top 20 as patent expiries continue to impact sales of other drug classes. Generic erosion of multiple key brands in the cytotoxic class will be the key driver in decreasing its share of the top 20 branded sales from 17% in 2011 to 10% in 2021.
Avastin did not achieve the top position in any of the individual markets, the US, Japan, or 5EU, due to a combination of US indication removal, cost-conservative EU markets, strong antihormonal sales in Japan, and tough Swiss Franc exchange rates.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Quantify the performance of each of the top 20 cancer therapy brands in the seven major markets in 2011 and 2021.
- Acquire an account of top-selling cancer brand dynamics and the events that drive and limit their market growth.
- The report is accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation and Excel deliverable showing full top 20 forecasts for the US, Japan and 5EU.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Oncology Therapeutics Market to 2017 - High Unmet Need in the Management and Treatment of Metastatic Cancers to Drive Drug Development
- Orphan Diseases Therapeutics in Oncology to 2018 - Strongly Diversified Developmental Pipelines Indicate Long-Term Growth Potential despite Moderate Scope of Current Late Stage Molecules
- Monoclonal Antibodies Market to 2017 - Multiple Indication Approvals and the Potential for MAbs in Oncology and Autoimmune Diseases are Re-Shaping the Market
- Ovarian Cancer Therapeutics - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis 2020
- Cytotoxic Therapies Market to 2017 - Launch of Next Generation Camptothecin Analogues Will Help Offset Revenue Loss due to Generic Erosion
- Pharmaceutical Partnership Deal Terminations
- Top 20 Contract Research Organizations (CRO) - Asia-Pacific, Especially India and China, Positioned to Benefit from Rising Financial and Regulatory Pressures in Western Pharmaceutical Markets
- Type 2 Diabetes - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020
- Generics in Cardiovascular Diseases Market to 2018 - Loss of Lipitor Market Exclusivities and Impending Patent Expirations of Plavix to Drive Generic Substitution
- Partnerships, Licensing, Investments and M&A Deals and Trends in Pharmaceuticals - January 2012
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/183383