"Lifecycle Management Strategies: Indication Expansion - Early Planning Is Necessary for Success" - New Market Report
Fast Market Research recommends "Lifecycle Management Strategies: Indication Expansion - Early planning is necessary for success" from Datamonitor, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 12/27/2012 --Indication expansion is one of the most successful developmental lifecycle management strategies. However, it is also one of the most costly, requiring long and expensive clinical trials to be conducted, and therefore carries higher risks.
- Analysis of success drivers and resistors of indication expansion as a lifecycle management strategy.
- Discussion of the factors that influence the order of launch of a product in different indications.
- Case study analysis of recent successful and unsuccessful indication expansion strategies.
Developing and patenting the use of a drug in an additional indication is an attractive lifecycle management strategy for pharma, not least because it can result in higher sales in the mid-stages of a drug's lifecycle, affording additional market exclusivity as well as patent protection and thus a longer lifecycle.
Companies may decide to launch the drug approved for a new primary indication as a separate brand. However, its positioning needs to be clear, especially in a large portfolio where multiple brands exist (brand, generic, over-the-counter).
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Getting the order of entry right is critical and companies developing indication extensions are faced with a choice between quickest approval or fastest uptake. Also, market exclusivity is triggered by launch in the first indication, thus shortening the time a product may be on the market for a larger patient population that may be approved later.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of launching a drug in additional indications early in the product lifecycle?
- How can off-label generics use undercut sales in additional indications and how can this be overcome?
- What factors influence the order of product launch in diifferent indications?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Lifecycle Management Strategies: Reformulations - Success hinges on delivering significant improvement in disease outcome
- Generic Defense Strategies
- Lifecycle Management Strategies: Pharma-Payer Deals - Creative agreements are used at different stages of the brand lifecycle to maximize sales
- Rx-to-OTC Switching Strategies - New Switching Opportunities in Weight Management and Smoking Cessation, but Encouraging the Uptake of Self-Medication Remains a Challenge
- Sales Force Effectiveness in Pharmaceuticals - Targeted Sales Models such as Enhanced Key Account Management (KAM) and Closed-Loop Marketing (CLM) Strategies Drives Sales Force Efficiency
- Clinical Supply Chain Management - Technologies such as IVRS, CTMS, EDC and RFID Enhance Drug Supply Management
- Innovative R&D Strategies and Models - Outsourcing, Strategic Partnerships and Licensing to Improve Productivity and Contain Costs
- Early Stage Drug Discovery in Disease Segments - Innovation Focuses on Stem Cell Therapies and Gene Therapies
- Pain Management Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Price Competition to Intensify Following Patent Expiries of Lyrica and Cymbalta
- Winning Product Launch Strategies
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/190223