Turkey Defence & Security Report Q1 2013 - New Market Report Now Available
New Defense market report from Business Monitor International: "Turkey Defence & Security Report Q1 2013"
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 01/03/2013 --As NATO's only Muslim member, and occupying a unique geographical position at the crossroads of Europe, the Middle East and Asia, Turkey's defence and security situation has great strategic importance to all of these regions and to the wider world.
BMI's Defence & Security report for Q113 examines Turkey's armed forces; its internal and external security challenges; defence industry and the country's defence procurement activity. BMI believes that Turkey will continue to suffer security challenges for some time in the form of the continued Kurdish nationalist insurgency affecting the country, the wider fallout from the tense security situation in the Middle East at large and the ongoing civil war in neighbouring Syria. Nevertheless, the country's armed forces will continue to play an active role in NATO and meet any future challenges to Turkey's security.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
BMI's Defence & Security Report has several key findings. In terms of domestic security, the Kurdish insurgency continues to challenge the country's policymakers and its armed forces. While a military response is seeking to contain and ultimately end this insurgency, a political solution in the form of negotiations could become increasingly important in helping to stop the violence once and for all. At the external level, Turkey continues to suffer the fallout from the deteriorating security situation inside Syria. Ankara will have to tread a delicate path to prevent the crisis from spilling over into the wider Middle East region.
In terms of the Turkish armed forces procurement, the government must ensure that the military has the latest materiel. This can be achieved by continuing to utilise Turkey's position as a trusted recipient of advanced defence hardware from the United States. Finally, the Turkish government must assist the growth of the domestic defence industry. This can be best achieved by purchasing indigenous materiel when appropriate, and encouraging continuing research and development efforts.
Since the publication of BMI's last Turkey Defence & Security report, a number of changes have been made. These include:
- A discussion of shelling of Turkish border areas by the Syrian Army as the civil war in the latter country continues to escalate.
- A detailed depiction of the orders of battle for the Turkish Army, Air Force and Navy.
- Full details of modernisation efforts for Turkey's armed forces and timelines for deliveries of new equipment
- Up-to-date information regarding the value of the Turkish defence budget for 2012.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Defense research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Australia Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Brazil Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Spain Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Bulgaria Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Croatia Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Iraq Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Kuwait Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Saudi Arabia Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- India Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/191263