Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013 - New Market Report Now Available
Fast Market Research recommends "Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 02/12/2013 --BMI View: We remain of the opinion that Sweden's overall pharmaceutical market value will decline over the forecast period to 2016, both in local currency and US dollar terms. We base our view on patent expiration and cost containment policies, which will continue to stimulate consumption of cheaper generic medicines. Moreover, in the short term, weak consumer confidence in Sweden may affect the growth of its non-prescription market, while - in the longer-term - we expect a drop in consumers' willingness to consume non-reimbursed medicines.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: SEK42.84bn (US$6.60bn) in 2011 to SEK42.17bn (US$6.12bn) in 2012; - 1.6% in local currency terms and -7.2% in US dollar terms. Forecasts broadly in line with previous quarter.
- Healthcare: SEK327.00bn (US$50.36bn) in 2011 to SEK336.36bn (US$48.82bn) in 2012; +2.9% in local currency terms and -3.1% in US dollar terms. Forecasts broadly in line with previous quarter.
- Medical devices: SEK21.04bn (US$3.24bn) in 2011 to SEK21.86bn (US$3.17bn) in 2012; +3.9% in local currency terms and -2.1% in US dollar terms. Forecasts broadly in line with previous quarter.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk/Reward Rating: In Q113 Pharmaceuticals Risk/Rewards Ratings for Western Europe, Sweden continues to rank fifth among the 10 key markets in the region, with an unchanged score of 67.6. Despite low growth, the country's strong regulatory environment, high per-capita pharmaceuticals expenditure and an increasingly ageing population will continue to attract multinationals to the country. However, we note there will be an increased focused on cost containment policies should healthcare cost escalate beyond what the government can fund.
Key Trends And Developments
- Further cementing its position within the industry, in the same month, Oriola KD's Swedish pharmaceutical wholesale business established a new purchasing and supply chain function to provide purchasing and logistics services to pharmacies. Oriola will provide purchasing, warehousing and distribution services for over-the-counter medicines and traded goods for 320 pharmacies (part of the pharmacy chains Medstop, Apoteksgruppen, DocMorris and Vardapoteket, which have a combined retail market share of 25%.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Nigeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
- Partnerships, Licensing, Investments and M&A Deals and Trends in Pharmaceuticals - Q1 2011
- Slovenia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
- Estonia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
- Netherlands Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
- Chile Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
- Latvia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/204247