New Market Report: Global Micro Servers Market (2013 - 2018), by Processor Type , Component , Application & Geography
New Computer Technology research report from Markets and Markets is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 02/14/2013 --Global Micro Servers Market (2013 - 2018), By Processor Type (Intel, Arm, Amd), Component (Hardware, Software, Operating System), Application (Media Storage, Data Centers, Analytics, Cloud Computing) & Geography (North America, Europe, Apac, Row)
Micro servers are an emerging form factor of servers designed to process low intensive workloads like lightweight web serving; simple content delivery nodes and low end dedicated hosting. They are basically low power servers consisting of several nodes that share a common architecture. Increasing demand for servers in data center due to the explosive growth of data usage among customers and the power usage of the traditional servers even when they are in idle mode makes them ineffective cost-wise. However the stringent requirement of maintaining 99.99% uptime of the websites or data availability makes these costs necessary. Micro servers were developed as a cost effective solution to this dilemma faced by servers industry. Micro servers have an extraordinary dense and power saving design in which fans and power supply are shared by tens or potentially, hundreds of server nodes. This efficiency leads to the elimination of space and power consumption of redundant components. The micro servers presently costs up to 63 percent less than the conventional servers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Media storage application covers the largest share of the market presently as compared to other applications. However it is forecasted that data centers application will surpass it by 2018. The reason behind this is the growing online business and increasing requirement of security, storage, resilience in corporate. Analytics and cloud computing are the other promising applications of micro servers. Cloud computing application will grow at a phenomenal CAGR of 62.3% from 2013 to 2018.
North America has the largest market for micro servers presently. Media storage and data centers application are growing an extraordinary rate in these regions. As these applications hold the largest share among other applications, their growth will supplement the growth of micro servers. The prime reason behind this is the emergence of China and Japan. As cloud computing is getting popular in this region, new players have been entering into the internet datacenter services market. These new players have brought more Internet datacenter resources to meet the end users' fast-growing requirements. Thus as the internet datacenters market is growing, there is a huge need of setting up infrastructure to meet this demand. It is predicted that green field projects will be set up in these regions to compensate for this growth and this would give great opportunity for micro servers industry to install their solutions in these regions.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Level Sensors Market: Global Forecast & Analysis - Focus on Technologies (Contact Type and Non Contact Type), Applications and Geography (2013 - 2018)
- Global Digital Living Room Market (2013-2018) By Products [Smart/3D, LED/LCD/OLED TV, Set-top box, Home Theater (Projectors, Audio equipment), Blu-Ray Player, Gaming Console], Technology, & Geography
- Power Line Communication (PLC) Systems Market - Global Assessment & Forecast-(2013-2018)
- Crystal Oscillator Market - Global Forecast & Analysis - Segmentation by General Circuitry, By Applications, By Technology, By Mounting Scheme & Geography (2013-2018)
- Visible Light Communication (VLC)/Li-Fi Technology & Free Space Optics (FSO) Market (2013-2018) - By Component, Application & Geography
- Semiconductor (Silicon) Intellectual Property (Ip) Market (2012 - 2017) Global Forecasts & Analysis
- Cloud Storage Market (Incl. Cloud Storage Gateways, Backup & Recovery, Data Movement & Access, Data Replication, Hsm & Archiving, Security And Storage Resource Management Solutions) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2012 - 2018)
- Global Acoustic Wave Sensor (SAW And BAW) Market - Forecast, Trend & Analysis - Segmentation By Sensing Parameters [Pressure, Temperature, Mass, Torque, Humidity, Chemical, Touch, Others], Applications And Geography (2013-2018)
- Global Capacitive Sensors Market (2013 - 2018) By Sensing Applications (Touch, Motion, Pressure, Proximity), Devices (Touchpad, Buttons, Slider, Screens), and Verticals (Factory Automation, Medical, Consumer Electronics, Automotive)
- Wireless Communication Chipsets (Wi-Fi/WLAN, Wireless Display/Video (HD & WHDI), Mobile WiMAX & LTE (4G), ZigBee, 802.11, 802.15.4 & 802.16) Market in Consumer Electronics & Automation Applications, Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2017)
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/205390