Israel Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013: New Research Report Available at Fast Market Research
New Healthcare research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 08/15/2013 --This quarter has seen the health ministry's commitment to developing the biotechnology sector demonstrated by its decision to fast-track stem cell therapy candidate NurOwn, discovered by local company Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics, through early stage clinical trials. It is indicative that there is flexibility in perceived long clinical trial approval times granted by the government in developing and commercialising locally-produced biotechnology products, one of the key deterrents to investment in the country.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: ILS7.39bn (US$1.92bn) in 2012 to ILS7.76bn (US$2.15bn) in 2013; +5.0% in local currency terms and 12.4% in US dollar terms. Forecast broadly in line with Q213.
- Healthcare: ILS70.12bn (US$18.20bn) in 2012 to ILS74.65bn (US$20.74bn) in 2013; +6.5% in local currency terms and 14.0% in US dollar terms. Forecast broadly in line with Q213.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Israeli pharmaceutical sector boasts a number of key qualities. These include a largely urbanised population with a significant pensioner proportion and widespread preference for patented medicines. However, we highlight weak intellectual property (IP) laws and long drug approval times as severe hindrances to multinational drugmakers maximising their returns in the market. In BMI's Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Ratings matrix, the country scores 59 out of 100, making it the leading country for pharmaceutical investment in the Middle East and Africa.
Key Trends And Developments
In May 2013, US drugmaker Oxygen Biotherapeutics confirmed the initiation of patient enrolment for the second cohort in the STOP-TBI Phase IIb clinical study conducted in Israel. The study is intended to assess the potential application of Oxycyte in treating patients with severe, non-penetrating traumatic brain injury.
In April 2013, BioLineRx reported positive Phase IIa results for BL-7040 which showed that the orallyavailable drug for treating inflammatory bowel disease was generally safe and also effective for some patients in treating ulcerative colitis. Half of patients met the primary endpoint, secondary endpoint data were somewhat mixed.
In April 2013, Teva said that the company's medicine for oral multiple sclerosis, laquinimod, is expected to obtain registration in Europe in 2014. The company added that US regulatory authorities have asked for another phase III trial of the drug, before considering it for the US market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Nigeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Kuwait Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Australia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Lebanon Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Canada Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Oman Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Portugal Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/301339