Market Report, "OTC Pharmaceuticals in South Africa", Published
New Pharmaceuticals research report from MarketLine is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 09/24/2013 --OTC Pharmaceuticals in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the South Africa otc pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The OTC pharmaceuticals market consists of the retail sale of traditional medicines, cough and cold preparations (tablets, mixtures, lozenges, topical remedies, inhalers), vitamins and minerals (multi-vitamins, single minerals, single vitamins, tonics, cod liver oil), indigestion preparations (tablets, powders, mixtures), analgesics (Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Aspirinand other analgesics), and medicated skin products (anti-bacteria's, acne treatments, anti-fungal, disinfectants and other), topical OTC medicines (anesthetic products, anti-itch products, antibiotic creams/gels), plasters & bandages (adhesive bandages/plasters, first aid tape, gauze pads/rolled gauze, liquid bandages and other tape or bandage), first aid kits and other (anti-smoking aids, rectal medications, eye/ear drops, sleeping aids, and motion sickness). The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2012 annual average exchange rates.
- The South African OTC pharmaceuticals market generated total revenues of $761.2m in 2012, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% for the period spanning 2008-2012.
- The traditional medicines segment was the market's most lucrative in 2012, with total revenues of $281.8m, equivalent to 37% of the market's overall value.
- The performance of the market is forecast to decelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 3.8% for the five-year period 2012-2017, which is expected to lead the market to a value of $917.1 by the end of 2016.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the otc pharmaceuticals market in South Africa
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the otc pharmaceuticals market in South Africa
Leading company profiles reveal details of key otc pharmaceuticals market players' global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Africa otc pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Pharmaceuticals - Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- OTC Pharmaceuticals in South Korea
- South Africa Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Pharmaceuticals: Global Industry Almanac
- Cipla Medpro South Africa Limited (CMP) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- OTC Medications in South Africa - a Snapshot (2012)
- Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Ltd (APN) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Wound Closure Devices Market Outlook in BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) to 2018
- Advanced Wound Management Market Outlook in BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) to 2018
- Hotels in South Africa to 2016: Market Databook
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/330769