"Russia Food & Drink Report Q4 2013" Is Now Available at Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research recommends "Russia Food & Drink Report Q4 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 11/20/2013 --A recently announced decision by the monetary authorities to rein in consumer credit growth will translate into weaker-than-anticipated private expenditure beyond 2013. We already cautioned that consumer lending growth of 39.8% year on year - the average for the twelve-month period ending in May 2013 - was unsustainable, and expected it to continue falling, weighing on household spending in 2013-2014.
Headline Industry Data (local currency):
- 2013 per capita food consumption = +10.8%; forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2017 = +10.4%.
- 2013 beer volume sales = -1.5%; forecast CAGR to 2017 = -0.01%.
- 2013 fruit juice volume sales = +4.5%; forecast CAGR to 2017 = +4.9%.
- 2013 mass grocery retail sales = +26.8%; forecast CAGR to 2017 = +29.3%.
Key Company Trends
Foreign chocolate to get stronger: Establishing a foothold in Russia's chocolate industry has been a challenge for multinationals like Nestle, Mars and Mondelez International. They have come up against number of Soviet-era brands owned by companies such as United Confectioners but, although these remain popular, particularly with the older generation, younger Russians have been have been a lot more forthcoming towards foreign brands in general, which are seen to carry greater status.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Magnit retail machine powers on: Russia's Magnit has arguably been the single greatest retail success story in the emerging world over the past few years. It has grown its sales at a compound annual rate of 32% over the past five years - a figure that is all the more impressive given that it has not made any notable acquisitions over this period. This has been an organic growth story built on new stores launches and consistently strong same-store sales growth.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bulgaria Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Greece Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Australia Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- India Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Kazakhstan Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/378599