Australia Food & Drink Report Q2 2014 - New Market Study Published
Fast Market Research recommends "Australia Food & Drink Report Q2 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 03/27/2014 --Since the September elections, the Australia economy has recorded an uptick in activity levels and business sentiment from the lows recorded earlier in 2013, supported by both domestic and external factors.
Domestically, prospects of lower regulatory burden, ranging from taxes to various regulatory procedures, have helped lift the outlook for certain industries, such as oil and gas. Moreover, September's readings of the performance indices showed that deterioration in the services and construction sectors were moderating, while activity in the manufacturing sector posted expansion in both September and October. Still, we continue to see a shift of consumption habits towards private labels in Australia over the coming years as a growing number of consumers acknowledge private labels as a very compelling alternative to proprietary branded goods.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- 2014 per capita food consumption = +0.7%; forecast to 2018 = +1.4% CAGR.
- 2014 soft drinks sales = +2.1%; forecast to 2018 = +2.6% CAGR.
- 2014 alcoholic drinks sales = +1.9%; forecast to 2018 = +2.4% CAGR.
- 2014 mass grocery retail sales = +3.4%; forecast to 2018 = +4.3%.
Key Industry Trends And Developments
ADM To Face Challenges Amid Acquisition Collapse: Australian authorities recently rejected US-based Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)'s bid for Australian grain trader GrainCorp, dealing a blow to ADM's efforts to diversify away from its focus on the US corn and soybean industries. ADM, which already owns 19.9% of GrainCorp, was seeking to acquire the remaining 80.1%. Currently, ADM receives 52.0% of its revenues from these industries, and it was particularly vulnerable to the US drought in 2012. The company is also highly exposed to mature markets, where we see little potential for growth to pick up in the medium term. In order to increase its geographic diversification in recent years, ADM has already acquired stakes in Wilmar International, which operates in oilseeds in Asia, and Toepfer, a German grain and oilseed trader operating in Australia. However, the purchase of GrainCorp would have increased ADM's market share in the wheat and barley markets, as GrainCorp controls most of the grain storage and export facilities in eastern Australia.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Mexico Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Slovenia Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Turkey Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Kuwait Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Indonesia Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Bahrain Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/481280