Now Available: Portugal Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
Fast Market Research recommends "Portugal Telecommunications Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 11/17/2014 --Operators continue to struggle with the dual pressures of economic weakness limiting subscriber spending and market maturity in the mobile sector. The former is also a pressure on fixed services, with operators facing difficulties in encouraging subscribers to upgrade to more expensive services. Data show declines across all segments of the market , as Portuguese consumers look to keep their costs down , while operators are expected to continue investing in faster technologies to cater to the demand for more data.
- Wireline voice access is forecast to decline from 4.530mn in 2013 to 4.346mn by 2018 as more consumers switch to mobiles or IP-based substitutes.
- Market saturation and chilly economic climate will mean volatile mobile subscriptions growth in the future. Market is forecast to grow from 16.914mn in 2013 to 17.161mn by 2018. 3G/4G upgrades will be operators' area of focus; subscriptions are forecast to rise from 4.462mn in 2013 to 4.966mn in 2018.
- Converged services will continue to be popular, with bundling seen by operators as the most economically viable means of expanding their user and revenue bases. However, dampened consumer spending means that broadband subscriptions are forecast to rise from 3.322mn in 2013 to just 3.484mn in 2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The integration of the Sonaecom, Zon Multimedia and Optimus businesses continued during Q114. The new brand name, Nos, was adopted in Q214 and is in the process of being rolled out across the converged services portfolio. We expect that some services will be discontinued and new products introduced in the coming months, leveraging Nos' strengths in the infrastructure and access markets.
Portugal Telecom has rebranded its mobile business as MEO and has restructured its operations in order to better serve and differentiate between consumer and enterprise customers. The increased emphasis on the business market, as evidenced by the rollout of cloud computing...
The Portugal Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Portugal's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Portugal Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Portugal.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Portugal to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Portuguese telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Portugal's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Portugal.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Rankings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- China Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Ukraine Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- South Korea Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Nigeria Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Qatar Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- North Africa Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
Fast Market Research, Inc.
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/560914