Just Published: "Taiwan Telecommunications Report Q1 2015"
Fast Market Research recommends "Taiwan Telecommunications Report Q1 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 01/27/2015 --Accelerating 4G take up reflects the high spending tech savvy population of Taiwan that makes it one of the most developed in the Asia Pacific region. The three leading operators have announced rapid take-up of their 4G services, driven by strong competition and high demand. With six operators hav ing obtained 4G licences and launching quickly, it is clear that operators have high expectations of the impact 4G will bring . However, operators face a short-term ARPU squeeze from the regulators, who have imposed compulsory cuts to mobile termination rates and requirements to provide free peering between 2013 and 2016. Operators will look to mobile payment, mobile commerce and cloud computing services as means of further boosting income with services to encourage loyalty over the long term .
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The latest data from mobile operators and the NCC show total subscriptions reached 29.386mn in Q214, up by 1.6% year-on-year (y-o-y). This reflects the slowing subscription growth as the mobile penetration rate increases.
- Although overall subscription growth has slowed, there has been a transformation of the market in recent years as 3G subscriptions increased rapidly, up to 26.108mn in Q214.
- The fixed-line sector falters - the latest data from regulator the NCC indicate that it declined by 1.5% y-o-y in Q214, falling to a total 12.14mn subscriptions.
Key Trends & Developments
Competition in the 4G market heated up quickly as operators launched in mid 2014. Far EasTone had signed up 254,000 4G subscribers by the end of August 2014, according to the NCC. Chunghwa Telecom and Taiwan Mobile had registered 199,000 and 180,000 subscribers to their respective LTE-based offerings by August. Taiwan Star Cellular, entered the sector at the end of August and officially started offering connectivity through its own 4G infrastructure. Both Far EasTone and Taiwan Mobile announced they were on track to hit 1mn 4G subscriptions each by the end of...
The Taiwan Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Taiwan's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Taiwan Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Taiwan.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Taiwan to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Taiwanese telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Taiwan's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Taiwan.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts and views, covering the ARPU, fi xed-line, mobile (including 3G & 4G ), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series (2010-2013) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-line Telephony ? Telephone lines (?000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony ? Mobile phone subscribers (?000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; and where available, 3G & 4G subscribers (?000); 3G & 4G subscribers/100 inhabitants; 3G & 4G subscribers as a percentage of overall mobile market.
- Internet Markets ? Internet users (?000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers (?000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Norway Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Romania Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
Fast Market Research, Inc.
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/576965