New Market Report: Israel Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
Fast Market Research recommends "Israel Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 01/27/2015 --Israel offers an attractive market to pharmaceutical investors . I ts encouragement of research and development , and gradually improving regulatory regime mean innovative drugmakers will continue to seek opportunities in the country. Meanwhile, despite initiatives to bolster public healthca re funding and improve services, we believe the funding allocation will remain insufficient and that people will continue to look to private healthcare. As a result the market share of private healthcare will continue to grow, entailing more opportunities for companies that can offer services to meet this need.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: ILS7.31bn (USD2.02bn) in 2013 to ILS7.54bn (USD2.12bn) in 2014; +3.23% in local currency terms and 4.7% in US dollar terms.
- Healthcare: ILS74.01bn (USD20.50bn) in 2013 to ILS78.62bn (USD22.79bn) in 2014; +6.2% in local currency terms and 7.7% in US dollar terms.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Israeli pharmaceutical sector boasts a number of key qualities. These include a largely urbanised population and a significant pensioner proportion. However, we highlight weak intellectual property (IP) laws and long drug approval times as severe hindrances to multinational drugmakers maximising their returns in the market. In BMI's Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Index (RRIs) matrix for Q115, the country scores 55.8 out of 100 - unchanged from the previous quarter. This makes it the fifth most attractive market for pharmaceutical investment in the Middle East and Africa (MEA).
Key Trends And Developments
- In December 2014 Teva Pharmaceutical Industries received a positive outcome in the decentralised procedure for its new, three-times weekly Copaxone (glatiramer acetate) 40mg/ml formulation for adults with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (RMS). Copaxone is now approved in more than 50 countries worldwide, including the US, Russia, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Israel and all European countries and was Teva's...
The Israel Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Israel Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Israel pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Israel, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Israeli pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Israeli pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Israel.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
An at-a-glance perspective on the latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The pharmaceuticals and healthcare SWOT outlines strategic factors that affect the basic assumptions underpinning BMI?s forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI?s political, economic and business environment SWOTs, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Industry forecasts to end-2019 for all key indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecasts:
Healthcare: Total healthcare expenditure (USDbn), healthcare expenditure (% of GDP), healthcare expenditure per capita (USD), hospital beds, doctors, and birth & mortality rates (all per ?000 population).
Pharmaceutical Market: Drug expenditure in USDbn, % of GDP and per capita (USD).
Patented Drug Market: Prescription drug sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
Generic Drug Market: Generic product sales (USDbn), generic sales (% of total sales).
OTC Drug Market: OTC sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
Macroeconomic Forecasts: Nominal and real GDP, % real GDP growth, % private consumption growth, % industrial output growth, % consumer price index, % GDP price deflator, exports, imports, trade balance, current account balance, foreign direct investment, exchange rate against USD, government expenditure and external debt.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Malaysia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
Fast Market Research, Inc.
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/576974