South Korea Food & Drink Report Q1 2015: New Research Report Available at Fast Market Research
New Food market report from Business Monitor International: "South Korea Food & Drink Report Q1 2015"
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 01/28/2015 --Total food and drinks consumption in South Korea is expected to increase moderately over the forecast period between 2013 and 2018. The market is relatively mature with per capita spending on food and drinks items already high, which effectively limits the possibilities for more substantial expansion over the coming years. Nonetheless, food consumption growth will be sustained by a stable economic outlook and gradually strengthening consumer spending power, which will offer opportunities for premiumisation.
Headline Industry Data (l ocal c urrency)
- Total food consumption growth year-on-year (y-o-y) in 2014: +2.8%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2013-2018: +4.7%.
- Per capita food consumption growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +2.3%; CAGR 2013-2018: +4.2%.
- Alcoholic drinks value sales growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +2.5%; CAGR 2013-2018: +4.7%.
- Soft drinks value sales growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +4.2%; CAGR 2013-2018: +5.6%.
- Total mass grocery retail sales growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +5.7%; CAGR 2013-2018: +8.4%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Industry Trends And Developments
Goldman Sachs Invests In South Korean Start-Up: In late November 2014, a group of investors led by US-based Goldman Sachs plans to invest KRW40bn (USD36.1mn) in South Korea's largest online and mobile food ordering startup Baedal Minjok. The series D investment will enable Baedal Minjok to expand internationally and create new technology. The food delivery service, which processed about 4mn orders from 145,000 registered restaurants in October 2014, is operated by Baedal Minjok's subsidiary Woowa Brothers.
Government Unveils Measures To Curb Cigarette Smoking: The South Korean government has proposed new measures aimed at reducing the consumption of cigarettes in the country. The new measures include a proposed 80% hike in the price of cigarettes, effective from January 1 2015. The government claims that the hike, which is subject to parliament's approval, will help reduce consumption by up to a third and...
The South Korea Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's South Korea Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in South Korea.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for South Korea to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Korean food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in South Korea through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the mass grocery retail market.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMIs Food and Drink Risk Reward Index
BMIs Risk Reward Indices provide investors (food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers) looking for opportunities in the region with a clear country-comparative assessment of a market?s risks and potential rewards. Each of the country markets are scored using a sophisticated model that includes more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points to provide indices of highest to lowest appeal to investors, with each position explained.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Africa Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Ghana Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- South Korea Agribusiness Report Q1 2015
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
Fast Market Research, Inc.
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/577001