Report Published: "Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2015"
Fast Market Research recommends "Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWire) -- 01/30/2015 --Thailand will continue to be an attractive location to international drug makers as a result of its growing domestic pharmaceutical market with an ageing population and improving access to healthcare as well as its position as an entry point into the frontier markets of South East Asia. Japanese pharmaceutical companies such as Eisai in particular, have been attracted to the market and are looking to leverage the region's growth.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: THB145.5bn (USD4.5bn) in 2014 to THB153.0bn (USD4.7bn) in 2015; +5.2% in local currency terms and +4.4% in US dollar terms.
- Healthcare: THB504.2bn (USD15.5bn) in 2014 to THB536.7bn (USD16.4bn) in 2015; +6.45% in local currency terms and +5.6% in US dollar terms.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In Q2 2015, Thailand is ranked 12th out of the 19 key markets in Asia Pacific. In Q215, Thailand remains ranked broadly in the middle of the Pharmaceutical RRI table assessing the attractiveness of the 19 countries in the Asia Pacific region. This is because while Thailand remains relatively attractive to pharmaceutical investors with a growing pharmaceutical sector, its overall score is dragged down by the risks, including low levels of patent protection that is imposed to drugmakers where it scores 16.3 out of a total of 35, significantly below the regional average of 19.5.
Key Trends & Developments
- In January 2015, health activists criticised government plans to National Health Security Office Act 2022 by charging for user services. This comes as Thailand's health permanent secretary Narong Sahametapat claims that more than 400 hospitals are experiencing financial problems and that the UC budget is depriving patients of quality care.
- In December 2014, Pfizer (Thailand) expressed its confidence in becoming the leader of Thailand's pharmaceutical industry in terms of market share. In 2015, the company's business strategy will be to provide healthcare information to the population through...
The Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Thailand pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Thailand, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Thai pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Thai pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Thailand.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors using our company profiles (including SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and competitive landscape tables.
BMI Industry View
An at-a-glance perspective on the latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The pharmaceuticals and healthcare SWOT outlines strategic factors that affect the basic assumptions underpinning BMI?s forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI?s political, economic and business environment SWOTs, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Industry forecasts to end-2019 for all key indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecasts:
- Healthcare: Total healthcare expenditure (USDbn), healthcare expenditure (% of GDP), healthcare expenditure per capita (USD), hospital beds, doctors, and birth & mortality rates (all per ?000 population).
- Pharmaceutical Market: Drug expenditure in USDbn, % of GDP and per capita (USD).
- Patented Drug Market: Prescription drug sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
- Generic Drug Market: Generic product sales (USDbn), generic sales (% of total sales).
- OTC Drug Market: OTC sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
- Macroeconomic Forecasts: Nominal and real GDP, % real GDP growth, % private consumption growth, % industrial output growth, % consumer price index, % GDP price deflator, exports, imports, trade balance, current account balance, foreign direct investment, exchange rate against USD, government expenditure and external debt.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2015
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
Fast Market Research, Inc.
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/577182