Quality, Indulgence, and Premiumization Strategies in Alcohol, Soft Drinks, and Hot Drinks - Defending Against Margin Erosion, New Report Launched
Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Quality, Indulgence, and Premiumization Strategies in Alcohol, Soft Drinks, and Hot Drinks - defending against margin erosion” research report to their website http://www.MarketResearchReports.com
Lewes, DE -- (SBWire) -- 01/30/2015 --Quality, Indulgence, and Premiumization Strategies in Alcohol, Soft Drinks, and Hot Drinks - defending against margin erosion report provides a comprehensive overview and strategic analysis of how brands can effectively defend their profits despite the emergence of value competitors. The report focuses on the strategy of premiumization, to encourage consumers to trade-up in terms of both price and quality. The growing popularity of private label alternatives is also addressed - and what brands can learn from them, and ultimately defend themselves against discounters by offering consumers the highest quality, and drive sales.
- The global financial crisis has affected consumer spending, and despite economic improvement across much of Europe and the US, consumers have not reverted to previous spending habits. Manufacturers must consider the austerity needs of these consumers by providing value, in terms of both low cost, and trading up for better quality.
- Taste and indulgence will continue to drive consumption across Drinks categories, and manufacturers should ensure that their products offer the best overall experience. Consumers are unwilling to sacrifice taste for other concerns, such as health, re-enforcing the need to offer products that offer uncompromised moments of pleasure and indulgence, particularly in non-BRIC countries.
- In BRIC countries in particular, consumers increasingly seek products that offer assurances of quality, and manufacturers should respond by ensuring transparency in terms of sourcing, production, and ingredients, to drive sales, as the desire for authentic and trustworthy products increases.
- Many consumers no longer view private labels as cheap, lower-quality imitations of branded products, instead perceiving them to be of an equal, and sometimes higher, quality. Brand manufacturers can defend against the growing popularity of private labels by accelerating innovation, or cornering a niche market that holds no attraction for private labels. In addition, the growing premiumization of private label offers means that these products could improve the profitability of some manufacturers.
Weak consumer confidence, rising production costs, and the rise of discounters and private labels are threatening the profit margins of drinks manufacturers worldwide. However, there are occasions when consumers will trade up to a more expensive than average product that offers a lot for the additional amount paid. This means that manufacturers need the correct premiumization and indulgence strategies now, in order to not just protect profit margins, but to also position themselves to make the most of future growth opportunities. "Quality, Indulgence and Premiumization Strategies in Food - Defending Against Market Erosion"provides manufacturers with the insight and knowledge to protect, and drive their sales.
In particular, this report includes:
- Identification of trading-up opportunities for manufacturers, where consumers whose stated desire for indulgence and quality is not being met.
- How manufacturers of branded products can appeal to price-conscious consumers by providing everyday low-prices, as opposed to offers and deals.
- The necessity of ensuring that products focus on taste and ultimately experience, as consumers still seek the most indulgent products, despite their best intentions to eat more healthily.
- How private labels are becoming a genuine threat to even the biggest brands, and how these brands can defend against market erosion from lower-priced competitors through premiumization.
Reasons to Buy
- This report provides the knowledge and insight to aid branded manufacturers to defend against margin erosion from the competition and consumers value-seeking behavior.
- This report identifies the future directions for manufacturers to target changing consumption habits, as ethicality, quality, and craftsmanship become increasingly influential.
- The growing popularity of private labels can be detrimental to brands; this report will identify the key areas in which to defend against incursion from private label products, and regain lost market share.
Spanning over 84 pages, "Quality, Indulgence, and Premiumization Strategies in Alcohol, Soft Drinks, and Hot Drinks - defending against margin erosion" report covering the Introduction and Overview, Market Context, Consumers are trading down; brands therefore need effective premiumization strategies in order to maintain profitability, Identifying Key Opportunities, Knowing which indulgence and quality seeking consumer groups to target will make premiumization strategies more effective, Premiumization Strategies, How brands can protect margins by encouraging consumers to trade-up, Premiumization in Private Label, Improving quality means private labels should also adopt premiumization strategies to boost their margins, Appendix. The report covered companies are - Smirnoff, Jack Daniel's, Wynkoop Brewing Company, Absolut, Berkley Square, Orwell's, Charle's Martell, Thorncroft, Bottle Green, Sanpellegrino, Bridand Wild, Teapigs, KAH, Professor Cornelius Ampleforth
Know more about this report at – http://www.marketresearchreports.com/canadean/quality-indulgence-and-premiumization-strategies-alcohol-soft-drinks-and-hot-drinks
Find all Beverages Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/beverages
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at:
Media Relations Contact
VP - Sales & Marketing
Market Research Reports, Inc
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/578059