Fast-Growing Cloud-Based Innovator Praised for New Mobile Acceleration Suite
Sunnyvale, CA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/20/2012 -- Frost & Sullivan has selected Cotendo, Inc., the fast-growing innovator of cloud-based acceleration technologies, as the recipient of its highly prized New Product Innovation Award for 2011. Specifically, the award recognizes Cotendo’s Mobile Acceleration Suite (MAS), a unique platform that speeds and optimizes the delivery of content to mobile devices by as much as 50%.
Frost & Sullivan cited both its comprehensive evaluation process and the wide difference in scores between Cotendo’s MAS and the products of Cotendo’s competitors. These products were all judged on five criteria: innovative elements, ability to leverage leading-edge technologies, value-added features and benefits, ability to increase customer ROI, and customer acquisition/penetration potential. When evaluations were tallied, the Cotendo MAS had won handily, receiving a rating of 9.0 out of 10 as opposed to ratings of 6.4 and 5.4 for its closest industry rivals.
Frost & Sullivan - Decision Support Matrix for New Product Innovation Award
Measurement of 1–10 (1 = lowest; 10 = highest) Award Criteria
Innovative Element of the Product Leverage Leading Edge Technologies in Product Value Added Features/Benefits Increased Customer ROI Customer Acquisition/Penetration Potential Weighted Rating
Relative Weight (%) 20% 20% 20% 20% 20% 100%
Cotendo 10 9 9 9 8 9.0
Competitor 1 6 6 7 7 6 6.4
Competitor 2 5 5 6 6 5 5.4
“The massive consumer adoption of smart mobile devices has led to an enormous increase of mobile data traffic,” noted Zeff Ibrahim, Research Analyst of the Technical Insight division of Frost & Sullivan. “This has the potential to cripple current mobile network systems.
Inconsistent mobile traffic and ever-changing network conditions also create latency issues, further frustrating users. From the evidence we’ve gathered, however, Cotendo’s Mobile Acceleration Suite administers mobile content in a much more intelligent manner. Generally, the solution empowers mobile carriers, networks, and content providers to be more content and device aware. By leveraging another new Cotendo innovation, the Cloudlet™ platform, the MAS solution has a greater consumer reach and shifts data remodeling to the edge of the networks.
When we considered these unique attributes, we felt that Cotendo clearly deserved our New Product Innovation Award.”
The key challenges for mobile systems arise from two key differences between mobile and other data networks and wired applications. First, mobile interactions and applications are highly personalized and customized, and must be adjusted to provide an optimal user experience based on device type, user profile, location, and network. Second, connection latency and round-trip time (RTT) are typically high and highly unpredictable on mobile networks, and they vary on network load, location, packet loss, and other factors. This network characteristic also has a dramatic negative impact on TCP and specifically on HTTP performance over mobile networks.
Cotendo’s MAS tackles these pain points head on, dramatically speeding up the delivery of mobile websites and applications and ensuring reliable and high-performance acceleration for content to any device on any network condition in any location in the world. This, in turn, gives content providers and enterprises a new way to ensure that their content arrives more quickly and reliably to a user’s smart phone or tablet.
“We’re thrilled to receive this award from an organization as distinguished as Frost & Sullivan,” added Cotendo CEO Ronni Zehavi. “We’ve been the first company to take on the mobile acceleration challenge for content providers, but it’s important to stress that mobile acceleration is just beginning. We at Cotendo are working hard to enhance and broaden our mobile solutions to solve not just current problems but also to strengthen the mobile connection for years to come. We want to help everyone with a stake in mobile, from content providers to carriers and handset manufacturers, and we’re driven to get our innovations into the hands of the companies who need it quickly. By no means do we consider our work in mobile done.”
While a major innovative breakthrough, MAS is only one of many recent and significant industry firsts for Cotendo. Others include:
- Cloudlet Platform (November 2010), the world’s first fully customizable, high-performance and globally distributed cloud application environment. It revolutionized the CDN space by enabling mobile and wired content providers to extend their business logic to the edge of the network, moving content delivery decision making closer than ever to the end user, while keeping it streamlined with the delivery path of their content, and achieving seamless global scalability.
- SPDY support (April 2011), the first CDN and service provider to offer SPDY support, utilizing the SPDY protocol to speed up browsers and devices connections. Using Cotendo’s SPDY service, customers can speed up their applications utilizing SPDY without any change, and without the need to support SPDY on the customer’s server end.
- CloudConnector (October 2011), the first solution to combine CDN and ADC and seamlessly extend the traditional networking footprint beyond the walls of the enterprise datacenter to points of presence all over the world, creating a true end-to-end “service delivery fabric.”
The Frost & Sullivan New Product Innovation Award for 2011 is the eighth major industry recognition Cotendo has received in recent months for its innovative technologies. The company—which has acquired nearly 500 customers worldwide since launching its first product just three years ago—has also been named:
- MIT Top 50 Most Innovative Companies worldwide by the MIT Technology Review
- Top 35 Best in Cloud by Computerwoche
- Red Herring Top 100 private tech firms in North America driving the future of technology by Red Herring Magazine
- 120 Innovators, Movers and Shakers by Cloud Computing Journal
- 250 Global Companies gaining significant market traction and pursuing game-changing technology innovations that disrupt existing markets by AlwaysOn
- Top 50 Best Tech Start-Ups poised for growth by Business Week
- Top 100 Fastest Growing Technology Companies in Silicon Valley by Lead 411
For more information on these recognitions, see Cotendo Awards at http://www.cotendo.com/testimonials/#awards
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation, and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation, and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents. To join its Growth Partnership, please visit http://www.frost.com.
A fast growing innovator of cloud-based acceleration technologies, Cotendo offers an integrated suite of Web and Mobile Acceleration Services from its global distributed points of presence (POPs). Cotendo’s single platform software was built from the ground up and includes acceleration services for dynamic Web applications, static and dynamic Web content, SSL, Advanced DNS, Adaptive Image Compression, performance monitoring and automatic failover as well as real-time reports and analytics. Cotendo also offers a distributed cloud application environment called Cloudlet™ that allows decision-making (logic, data) at the edge, closest to the end users. Cotendo's customer base includes Fortune 500 enterprises, Tier 1 telecommunications providers, and the world's largest social networks, eCommerce sites, and advertising networks. For more information about Cotendo and its Web and Mobile Acceleration Services Suite, visit http://www.cotendo.com.
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)