Fast Market Research recommends "100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in France" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/07/2014 -- Over the period 2012-2013, there was a rapid proliferation of modern snacking substitutes offered by retail distributors ? broadly characterised as fresh salads, soups, bagel sandwiches, warm-able hot dogs, pizza slices, ready-to-eat exotic lunch boxes and finger foods ? as more economical alternatives to the food items offered by 100% home delivery/takeaway operators. Such efforts accentuated the propensity for ?distri-ration? amongst the consumer base. Some of the key brands renewing their product lines on retailers? shelves were Sodebo, Fleury Michon, Alvalle, Lustucru and Daunat. The ?distri-ration? trend is also being revamped with the growing presence of freshly-prepared sushi booths, with two key brands ? Sushi Daily and Sushi Gourmet ? operating within major retail distribution outlets such as Carrefour, G?ant-Casino and Leclerc. Furthermore, indirect competition from the rapid diversification of foodservice items at traditional bakeries and delicatessen outlets, coupled with the growing popularity of street stalls/kiosks/food trucks, also hindered potential demand in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
With a 17% share of value sales in 2013, Domino?s Pizza and its franchisees led 100% home delivery/takeaway in GBO terms. At network level, the company?s sales grew by 5% year-on-year. This dynamic growth was partly explained by: outlet expansion of 6%; the good performance of about 40 outlets located near educational institutions; an enhancement of the digital aspects of service (online ordering via smartphone applications and sms-tracker); and positive value-added returns generated by the radical Artizza range (rectangular pizza with premium ingredients). In addition, the freezing temperatures at the beginning of 2013, and significant sporting events, such as the France qualifying match for the Brazil 2014 World Cup, also contributed to generating peaks in demand.
Over the next five years, 100% home delivery/takeaway is expected to see a negative value CAGR of 2% at constant 2013 prices, whilst transaction volumes are also set to fall, with a negligible negative CAGR. On the one hand, the once-dynamic pasta/noodles take-away concepts reached saturation in 2013, which will undoubtedly impede value growth. On the other hand, the surging diversity and popularity of take-away alternatives from proximity sources (grocery retailers, traditional bakeries/delicatessens and street stalls/kiosks/food trucks) is set to further hinder growth. Another relatively recent development which is likely to hinder growth in the channel is the advent of ?hybrid? business models, whereby conventional foodservice operators are rapidly incorporating delivery and take-away practices into their business models. Two such examples are the growing number of full-service pizza restaurants which offer the possibility to take-away ready-to-eat pizza slices at lunch time, and the ongoing integration of drive-through take-away set-ups by conventional fast food players.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway industry in France with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway industry in France, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in France market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in France?
- What are the major brands in France?
- What is the most popular cuisine type in home delivery/takeaway in France?
- How have independent pizza 100% home delivery/takeaway brands competed against chained brands?
- What new products have seen the most success for pizza or other types of 100% home delivery/takeaway operators?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Egypt
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in the Netherlands
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in South Korea
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Mexico
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in the United Kingdom
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Thailand
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Austria
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Vietnam
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Saudi Arabia
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Sweden