The American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) is holding their annual conference June 5-8, 2014 at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront in Portland, OR.
Topeka, KS -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/05/2014 -- The American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) is holding their 34th Annual Conference, “Through the Looking Glass: A Vision of Holistic Leadership,” June 5-8, 2014 at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront in Portland, OR.
The purpose of this conference is to enable holistic nurses to develop and refine knowledge and skills designed to consciously impact healthcare transformation. Holistic nurses will leave this conference with an awareness of internal and external environments and an increased commitment to a collective voice for healing. Attendees will also enjoy early morning activities such as Yoga and Qigong and can participate in a silent auction and optional Portland tours, including: Rose Festival Events, a Healing Gardens Tour and Guided Walking Tours of the Portland area.
Speakers this year include the following:
- Keynote speaker, Dr. Christine Tanner, RN, PhD, FAAN - is the Interim Dean and A.B. Youmans Spaulding Distinguished Professor at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) School of Nursing. She was involved in developing the Oregon Consortium for Nursing Education (OCNE) that was launched in 2003 as a partnership among OHSU and many community colleges. The OCNE model was designed to incorporate best practices in teaching learning with a shared curriculum and is increasingly being viewed as a national model for education transformation, and was highlighted in the Institute of Medicine Report on the Future of Nursing and the Carnegie Foundation of Nursing Education.
- Endnote speaker, Bonnie Wesorick, RN, MSN, FAAN - is the Founder and Chairman Emeritus of the Clinical Practice Model Resource Center (CPMRC). For over 30 years, Bonnie has brought healthcare providers together from all over the U.S. and has worked with many nurses and practitioners to create healthy, healing practice cultures and patient centered integrated health care systems for those who give and receive care. She also created an International Consortium, in which today has expanded to 300 rural, community and university clinical settings.
New this year is a plenary discussion panel, the “Holistic Practice and Magnet Standards Leadership for Excellence in Health, Healing, and Health Care.” This is an interactive discussion panel that will provide tools toward leading compassionate excellence in health care, highlighting the parallels between holistic nursing practice and Magnet standards of excellence. The panel includes the following:
- Veda Andrus, EdD, MSN, RN, HNC – served as Founder and President/CEO of Seeds and Bridges Center for Holistic Nursing Education along with co-creating The Certificate Program in Holistic Nursing. She is also the former President and International Director of the American Holistic Nurses Association and currently serves on the AHNCC Board of Directors. Currently she is the Senior Consultant and Educator for The BirchTree Center for Healthcare Transformation.
- Linda Lewis, RN, MSA, NEA-BC, FACHE - the Director of the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and its internationally acclaimed Magnet Recognition Program, is a highly respected leader for her work in developing holistic and healing patient care, work environments that enhance employee, patient and physician satisfaction as well as operational productivity and financial stewardship.
- Marie Shanahan, BSN, RN, HNC - is the founder and President of The Birch Tree Center for Healthcare Transformation. She established and coordinated the first hospital-based Holistic Nursing Center in New Jersey in 1996 and is co-founder of the North Jersey American Holistic Nurses Association network and has worked to integrate Reiki in the hospital setting.
AHNA strives to give conference attendees endless opportunities. Attendees will have the opportunity to connect with holistic colleagues and gain new contacts in a refreshing way. Attendees will also have the opportunity to check out the Exhibit Hall, where they will examine and evaluate the latest developments in services, modalities and equipment in the holistic field, presented and sponsored by top exhibitors. Up to 19 contact hours are available for nurses through education sessions, which provide valuable clinical information and new nursing knowledge.
All are welcome to attend: staff, nurses, educators, administrators and other healthcare practitioners from all specialties. Experience the healing value of holistic community, networks, sharing circles and mentorship.
For more information about the conference, please visit http://www.ahna.org/Conference. The conference brochure can be found online at http://www.ahna.org/Portals/4/docs/Conference/brochure.pdf.
Since its’ founding in 1981, the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) – a non-profit professional membership organization - has increasingly become the definitive global voice for holistic nursing for registered nurses and other holistic healthcare professionals around the globe.
The organization’s primary mission is to advance holistic healthcare by increasing awareness, education and both professional and personal community-building among nurses, other healthcare professionals, and the public.
Over the past 34 years AHNA has consistently delivered valuable resources, improved educational tools, and offered superior networking opportunities to a vibrant and expanding universe of healthcare professionals. AHNA currently services almost 4,500 members through 130 local chapters/networks both in the U.S. and abroad.
Holistic nursing is recognized by the American Nurses Association as an official nursing specialty with both a defined scope and standards of practice.
The American Holistic Nurses Association’s Education Provider Committee is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission (ANCC) on Accreditation. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #10442.
For additional information or to arrange an interview with any of the speakers or officers of AHNA,
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)