Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/13/2013 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of AbbVies Combination Therapy: ABT-450, ABT-333, and ABT-267 (Hepatitis C Virus) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 market report to its offering
AbbVies Combination Therapy: ABT-450, ABT-333, and ABT-267 (Hepatitis C Virus) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
Hepatitis C is a liver infection caused by the hepatitis C virus (HCV) that results in acute or chronic presentation. The disease is often asymptomatic, but infected patients may experience fatigue, joint pain, itchy skin or jaundice. There is no effective vaccine against HCV, so the market is driven by therapeutics.
AbbVie is developing an interferon-free HCV regimen that is a combination of the following three or four drugs: ABT-450 is an inhibitor of the HCV protease. This enzyme is required for viral polyprotein processing, which makes the protease essential for HCV replication (Asselah and Marcellin, 2013). Inhibitors of the HCV protease are, therefore, attractive antiviral drugs. ABT-450 is boosted with ritonavir.
ABT-267 is an inhibitor of the HCV NS5A protein, which is unique to HCV. The protein is essential for multiple functions in the viral lifecycle, including HCV RNA replication, despite not having any enzymatic activity (Hunt and Pockros, 2013). NS5A is, therefore, an attractive antiviral drug target.
ABT-333 is an NS5B nucleotide polymerase inhibitor. ABT-333 exhorts its antiviral activity by mimicking the natural substrate of the viral RNA-dependent RNA polymerase.
- Overview of Hepatitis C, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on ABT-450, ABT-333, and ABT-267 including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for ABT-450, ABT-333, and ABT-267 for the top nine countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Brazil and China.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Hepatitis C
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of ABT-450, ABT-333, and ABT-267 performance
- Obtain sales forecast for ABT-450, ABT-333, and ABT-267 from 2012-2022 in top nine countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Brazil and China).
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit