Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/07/2012 -- Ablation procedure refers to a minimally invasive surgical procedure which involves either destruction or removal of diseased or unnecessary tissue to cure the disease. It provides successful form of surgical option that has gradually become a popular alternative over invasive procedure amongst physicians and patients. The principal advantage of these procedures over surgery is short recovery time, short length scars, low risk of infection, less blood loss, and shorter hospital stays.
The global ablation devices market was valued at $7.5 billion in 2011 and is poised to grow at a CAGR of 10.5% to reach $12.4 billion by 2016. The ablation market is broadly segmented into two classes, namely, thermal and non-thermal technologies. Thermal segment consists of technologies such as electrical, radiation, light, radiofrequency, ultrasound, microwave, and hydrothermal and non-thermal segment includes cryoablation and hydromechanical. Ablation devices have applications in myriad clinical areas such as cancer / tumor, cardiac, ophthalmology, urology, gynecology and orthopedics.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Ablation procedures have witnessed significant growth in the recent years, which are attributable to factors such as growing healthcare expenditure, favorable demographics and cost effectiveness over tradition surgical procedures. Moreover, increasing applications in cancer and cardiac segment are fueling the market growth.
Factors such as advancements in technology, increasing demand for minimally invasive surgical procedures, growing baby boomers population (especially in U.S., Japan and Western European countries) are driving the market. The incidence cases of chronic diseases is expected to rise continuously in the coming years, because with increasing age, the risk of developing chronic diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular disorders, gynaecological, and orthopaedic problems increases. The ablation devices market for treating these diseases would show significant growth in the forecast period. The principal advantage of ablation procedures over surgery is short recovery time, short surgical timelines, low risk of infection, minimal damage to the healthy tissue, less blood loss, and shorter hospital stays.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Ablation Technologies Market (2011 - 2016) - Global Trends & Competitive Analysis
- Insulin Delivery Devices - Global Pipeline Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016
- Advanced Wound Management - Global Pipeline Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016
- Wound Closure Devices - Global Pipeline Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016
- Electrophysiology Devices - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Vision Care (Contact Lenses and Spectacle Lenses) - Global Pipeline Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016
- Cranio Maxillofacial Fixation (CMF) Devices - Global Pipeline Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016
- Global Endoscopy Market by Product, Application & Technology (2011 - 2016) Competitive Landscape, Value/Volume Analysis & Global Trends
- Glucose Monitoring Systems - Global Pipeline Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016
- Interventional Cardiology & Peripheral Vascular Devices Market To 2016 - Global Trends & Competitive Analysis