DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/05/2019 -- Acromegaly Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
(Albany, US) DelveInsight launched a new report on Acromegaly Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
Some of the key facts of the report
1. The total number of Acromegaly prevalent cases in 2017 were found to be 61,022 in the 7MM.
2. In the case of the United States, Acromegaly prevalent population was estimated to be 25,451 cases in 2017. Japan was assessed to have 10,755 prevalent cases. In the EU5, the highest prevalent cases were observed in Germany, followed by France and the United Kingdom whereas the lowest prevalent cases were witnessed in Spain, during the period of 2017-2028.
3. The diagnosed patient pool in the 7MM comprised of 30,511 patients in 2017.
Key benefits of the report
1. Acromegaly market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Acromegaly epidemiology and Acromegaly market in the 7 MM (United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Acromegaly market report provides insights on the current and emerging therapies.
3. Acromegaly market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Acromegaly market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Acromegaly market.
Request for sample pages
"The therapeutic Acromegaly market in the 7MM is driven at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 2.80%."
The United States accounted for the maximum market for Acromegaly, as compared to other 7MM countries.
Furthermore, among EU-5 countries, Germany was assessed to have the highest share in the market, accounting for more than one-fourth of the market size in this region. France and the United Kingdom followed this. In contrast, Spain was observed to contribute least toward the Acromegaly market size in the EU-5 countries.
Moreover, Japan witnessed a total share of USD 151.26 million in 2017 for Acromegaly treatment. The main therapeutic goal of Acromegaly treatment market is to lower the risk of death by reducing the complication rate (progression rate) by safe treatment and controlling growth hormones. The therapeutic market of Acromegaly is dominated by SSAs, Dopamine Agonists, and GHR Antagonists.
The current treatment method for Acromegaly is focused on preventing the tumour compression of surrounding tissues by excising the diseases causing areas, and on reducing GH and IGF-1 levels to normal. Although the primary treatment method for Acromegaly is transsphenoidal surgery, all the patients are not eligible for surgery.
Cost of the Acromegaly treatment is very high, beginning with the first line of treatment, which is surgery. Acromegaly treatment may require a long time, and thus, the usual expenditure is pretty high. Treatments of pituitary gland tumors require surgeries and radiation therapies apart from drugs. As the disease is not curable, there are expenses related to the treatment of symptoms as well. Further, the patient pool suffering from Acromegaly is mostly unaware of their condition; when the symptoms are highlighted further, they are often non-specific. Low disease awareness among patients and physicians leads to a lower disease diagnosis rate. Delay in diagnosis leads to the delay in the most appropriate treatment option. Early diagnosis is required for proper care as Acromegaly can lead to severe complications if it is not treated. Although there are several approved medications, few long-acting release tablets in the Acromegaly treatment market along with surgical options for removing the pituitary or non-pituitary tumors, there is, however, no cure available for the disease as yet.
The launch of the emerging therapies is expected to significantly impact the Acromegaly treatment scenario in the upcoming years:-
1. Octreotide capsules
2. Lanreotide PRF
And many others
The key players in Acromegaly market are:
1. Chiasma Pharma
2. Antisense Therapeutics
3. Crinetics Pharmaceuticals
6. Ionis Pharmaceuticals
7. Strongbridge Biopharma
10. Dauntless Pharmaceuticals
11. Ono Pharmaceuticals
And many others
Table of contents
1. Key Insights
2. Acromegaly Market Overview at a Glance
3. Acromegaly Disease Overview
4. Acromegaly Epidemiology and Patient Population
4.1. Key Findings
4.2. 7MM Epidemiology
4.3. United States Epidemiology
4.4. EU5 Epidemiology
4.4.1. United Kingdom
4.5. Japan Epidemiology
5. Acromegaly Treatment
6. Unmet Needs
7. Acromegaly Marketed Drug
7.1. Somatuline Depot (lanreotide acetate): Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals
7.2. Somavert (pegvisomant): Pharmacia & Upjohn
7.3. Sandostatin LAR Depot: Novartis Pharmaceuticals
7.4. Signifor LAR (pasireotide): Novartis Pharmaceuticals
8. Key Cross Competition
9. Acromegaly Emerging Drugs
9.1. IONIS-GHR-LRx: Ionis Pharmaceuticals
9.2. Octreotide Capsules: Chiasma Pharma
9.3. ATL1103: Antisense Therapeutics
9.4. CAM2029: Camurus
9.5. GT-02037: Pharmaspur
9.6. Veldoreotide: Strongbridge Biopharma
9.7. CRN00808: Crinetics Pharmaceuticals
9.8. MTD201: Midatech
9.9. Lanreotide PRF: Ipsen
10. Acromegaly 7Major Market Analysis
11. Market Outlook: The United States
12. EU5: Market Outlook
12.1. The United Kingdom Market Size
12.2. Germany Market Size
12.3. France Market Size
12.4. Italy Market Size
12.5. Spain Market Size
13. Japan Market Outlook
14. Market Drivers
15. Market Barriers
17. DelveInsight Capabilities
19. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.