Try these tips from Kayal Pain & Spine Center
Franklin Lakes, NJ -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/12/2018 -- Most people suffering from back problems and spinal conditions assume their pain is inevitable. However, many problems are avoidable by choosing a lifestyle that promotes spine health.
Of course, some back and spinal conditions can't be prevented. When that is the case, the team of experienced spine specialists to trust in Glen Rock, Franklin Lakes, Westwood, Paramus and beyond is Kayal Pain & Spine Center.
Kayal Pain & Spine Center has the tools and expertise to get to the heart of any spine ailment. Its specialists will spend as much time as a patient needs, answering questions, pinpointing a diagnosis and discussing treatment options. The doctors at Kayal Pain & Spine Center will explore nonsurgical options whenever possible, and this team has the superior skills and experience needed when surgery is required.
To help prevent certain back and spine problems, the experts at Kayal Pain & Spine Center recommend the following:
1. Exercise. Staying active can improve the core muscles in the abdomen and back and strengthen the spine. Exercise also helps keep off excess weight, which places a heavy load on the spine. Exercises that are good for the spine include walking, biking, running, yoga, swimming and target stretching.
2. Eat right. A diet rich in fruits, whole grains, vegetables, lean meats and legumes can do wonders for the spine. Concentrate on foods that provide calcium and vitamin D and that help prevent inflammation.
3. Use proper posture. Poor posture wreaks havoc on the spine. Correct posture maintains the three natural curves of the spine—at the neck, mid-back and low back. It's important to maintain good posture when moving and at rest.
4. Avoid heavy lifting. Lifting items that weigh more than 25 percent of a person's body weight can damage the spine. Using the wrong techniques to lift items also can do harm. Bend the knees, keep the chest forward and lead with the hips.
5. Learn to relax. Yoga, meditation or other forms of relaxation can eliminate tension in the neck and back caused by stress.
6. Sleep right. Choose a mattress that provides proper support for the back and a pillow that supports the natural curve of the neck. Try different sleeping positions if back pain occurs when waking up.
7. Quit smoking. Smoking causes serious damage to the vascular structures of the spinal discs and joints. This, in turn, can cause back pain and degenerative spinal conditions. Having trouble quitting? Consider a support group or qualified professional for help.
Those who are experiencing spinal problems or think they may need orthopaedic surgery in Bergen County, NJ, should schedule an appointment with Kayal Pain & Spine Center by calling 844-281-1783 or by contacting the team on the web.
About Kayal Pain & Spine Center
Kayal Pain & Spine Center is dedicated exclusively to pain management and spinal treatments. Its experienced, board-certified team has expertise in the diagnosis, treatment and pain management of herniated discs, sciatica, spinal stenosis and the full spectrum of chronic conditions. Located in Bergen County, NJ, the practice specializes in minimally invasive surgery, injury prevention, innovative therapies and pain management. Its five convenient offices are in Glen Rock, Franklin Lakes, Westwood, Stony Point and Paramus (opening soon). Schedule an appointment by calling 844-281-1783 or contact Kayal Pain & Spine Center or Kayal Orthopaedic Center by filling out this form.