DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/26/2019 -- Acute Ischemic Stroke (AIS) - Market and Epidemiology Report
25 Feb. 19
Nearly 800,000 people suffer from strokes each year in the United States and 82–92% of these strokes are ischemic.
1. An estimated 15 million individuals worldwide suffer from stroke each year. Of these, 5 million dies, and another 5 million are left permanently disabled
2. Although stroke is often considered a disease of elderly individuals, one-third of strokes occur in individuals younger than 65 years. Risk of stroke increases with age, especially in patients older than 64 years.
3. Stroke is the fifth leading cause of adult death and disability.
(Albany, US) DelveInsight launched Acute Ischemic Stroke (AIS) - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast- 2028
Request for sample pages
Key topics covered
1. This DelveInsight report will help to develop Business Strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the Acute ischemic stroke (AIS) market.
2. Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Acute ischemic stroke (AIS) market.
3. To understand the future market competition in the Acute ischemic stroke (AIS) market.
"Up to 25% of childhood Ischemic strokes are linked to congenital heart disease".
The therapeutic market for the treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke can be primarily divided into two main categories based on their mechanism of action: thrombolytics and neuroprotective agents. Thrombolytic therapy aims at removing the thrombus blockage and includes drugs that act as recombinant tissue plasminogen activators (rt-PA), antithrombotic agents and platelet aggregation inhibitors. On the other hand, neuroprotective agents act by various mechanisms and are subsequently classified based on their mechanism of action antioxidants, neuron stimulants, calcium channel antagonists and free radical scavengers. Current treatment of AIS is based on the restoration of blood flow to the brain by thrombolysis.
The dynamics of Acute Ischemic Stroke market is anticipated to change in the coming years, owing to the improvement in the diagnosis methodologies, raising awareness of the diseases, incremental healthcare spending across the world, and expected launch of emerging therapies during the forecast period of 20192028. Companies across the globe are working towards the development of new treatment therapies for Acute Ischemic Stroke.
Acute Ischemic Stroke companies covered
2. Nuvox Pharma
3. Acticor Biotech
4. DiaMedica Therapeutics
And many others
Acute Ischemic Stroke Drugs covered
And many others
Table of contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Acute ischemic stroke (AIS) Market Overview at a Glance
3. Disease Background and Overview: Acute ischemic stroke (AIS)
4. Epidemiology and Patient Population
5. Epidemiology of Acute ischemic stroke (AIS) by Countries
5.1. United States
5.3. Assumptions and Rationale
5.5.1. Assumptions and Rationale
5.6.1. Assumptions and Rationale
5.8. United Kingdom
6. Current Treatment & Medical practices
6.1. Treatment Algorithm
6.2. Treatment Guidelines
7. Unmet Needs of the Acute ischemic stroke (AIS)
8. Marketed Therapies
8.1. Drug A: Company 1
8.2. Drug B: Company 2
9. Pipeline Therapies– At a glance
10. Key Cross Competition
11. Emerging Therapies for Acute ischemic stroke (AIS)
11.1.6. Product Profile
11.2. Drug D: Company 4
12. Acute ischemic stroke (AIS): 7MM Market Analysis
13.1. United States
13.2.5. United Kingdom
14. Market Drivers
15. Market Barriers
17. Report Methodology
18. DelveInsight Capabilities
20. About DelveInsight