Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in Taiwan", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/18/2014 -- In 2012, the share of packaging unit volume accounted for by the various packaging formats in alcoholic drinks saw some small changes. Metal packaging, which used to be the leading packaging format, was overtaken by glass during the review period. This was mainly driven by strong growth in rice wine, where 600ml glass bottles dominate, thus resulting in glass bottles of this pack size seeing high growth rates. In mid-2010, the Taiwanese government negotiated with the US and the EU regarding its plans to reduce the tax on rice wine in Taiwan. The government passed a draft amendment to the Tobacco and Alcohol Tax Law in July 2010, which proposed to reduce the tax on rice wine through reclassifying it as a cooking wine rather than as a distilled spirit, as had previously been the case. This amendment, which came into place in September 2010, reduced the price of local rice wine from NT$50 to NT$25 per bottle on average, which, in turn, increased demand for both rice wine and glass bottles.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Glass and metal packaging will continue to be the leading packaging types for alcoholic drinks in Taiwan for the foreseeable future. Both remain popular due to their cost-effectiveness and long-established positioning within each distribution channel. Furthermore, consumer responses to newer packaging formats, such as PET bottles, have not been particularly favourable to date. The present situation is unlikely to change unless market leader Taiwan Tobacco & Liquor Corp chooses to adopt newer packaging formats.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Alcoholic Drinks Packaging industry in Taiwan with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Alcoholic Drinks Packaging industry in Taiwan, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in Taiwan market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes in units and filled volumes
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the total unit volume of alcoholic drinks packaging in Taiwan?
- What are the major alcoholic drinks pack types in Taiwan?
- Has a shift to at home consumption benefited large size retail packaging such as bag-in-box and keg?
- How is the market for returnable glass and PET bottles developing in Taiwan?
- Has the recession benefited metal beverage cans over glass bottles?
- What are the most dynamic pack types within alcoholic drinks?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Beer, Cider/Perry, RTDs/High-Strength Premixes, Spirits, Wine.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in South Korea
- Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in Italy
- Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in Indonesia
- Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in India
- Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in Japan
- Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in Turkey
- Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in Canada
- Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in Switzerland
- Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in Germany
- Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in Mexico