Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Algeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/08/2014 -- Against a backdrop of economic growth, the Algerian government commitment to expand and upgrade medical coverage and healthcare services in Algeria will translate in growing commercial opportunities for pharmaceutical and healthcare industries over the medium term. Also, the government's new five-year investment plan to be implemented in 2015-2019 will focus on diversifying the economy through the promotion of industrial development, including the pharmaceutical industry. In line with such broader investment plan, the Algerian government recently signed an agreement with US multinational firm General Electric to support the modernization of the health system, and will continue promoting investment opportunities and conducting meetings with potential business partners from different countries. However, Algeria's weak intellectual property protection, approval delays for patented and imported products and restrictions on foreign investments will continue to weigh on the market attractiveness.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: DZD276.79bn (USD3.48bn) in 2013 to DZD303.96bn (USD3.75bn) in 2014; +9.6% in local currency and +7.8% in US dollar terms. Forecasts revised slightly upwards from Q414 due to macroeconomic modifications.
- Healthcare: DZD806.03bn (USD10.12bn) in 2013 to DZD850.06bn (USD10.49bn) in 2014; +5.5% in local currency and +3.7% in US dollar terms. These figures were revised downwards due to macroeconomic factors and new historic data.
Risk/Reward Indices: Algeria is ranked 9th out of 31 markets in BMI's Middle East & Africa Risk/Reward Indices (RRIs) matrix for Q1 2015, with a composite score of 49.3 out of the maximum 100 points. The overall score was revised downwards from the previous quarter due to industry rewards' components revision. However, Algeria continues to post a favourable longer-term profile in terms of its pharmaceutical market development.
Key Trends And Developments
- Expanded medical...
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Slovenia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Nigeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Italy Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Pakistan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015