New Healthcare research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/03/2014 -- The Algerian government's aspirations to rebalance the pharmaceutical trade deficit and promot e local generic produc tion , whilst enhancing the country's competitiveness by stimulating the innovative biopharmaceutical industry as a st rategic sector in the economy, will continue throughout Q414. A new memorandum of understanding between Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) and Algeria's government indicates additional steps towards encouraging foreign direct investment (FDI) , and advances in the Sidi Abdallah industrial hub's latest projects and local drugmaker Saidal partnerships' agenda reflect continued potential for biotechnology and pharmaceutical i ndustry expansion . However, we expect FDI inflows to continue below potential due to persisting shareholder regulation and weak intellectual property law.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections:
- Pharmaceuticals: DZD272.95bn (USD3.44bn) in 2013 to DZD294.11bn (USD3.68bn) in 2014; +7.8% in local currency and +7.0% in US dollar terms. Forecasts revised downwards from the previous quarter due to macroeconomic modifications.
- Healthcare: DZD867.41bn (USD10.92bn) in 2013 to DZD914.96bn (USD11.44bn) in 2014; +5.5% in local currency and +4.8% in US dollar terms. Forecasts revised downwards due to modification to macroeconomic forecast.
Risk/Reward Rating: In Q4 2014, Algeria sustained its previous quarter's score of 50.5 out of 100, although moved down one position to ninth out of the 30 countries surveyed in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region. Upward revision to regional peers and stagnating Algerian industry and country scores signal persistent operational challenges balanced with the country's favourable longer-term profile in terms of pharmaceutical market development.
Key Trends And Developments:
- Representatives from the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) signed a memorandum of understanding with the...
The Algeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Algeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Algerian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Algeria to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Algerian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Algerian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Algeria.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT:
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts:
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Australia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Hong Kong Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Latvia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Netherlands Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Japan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014