DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/15/2019 -- Allergic Conjunctivitis - Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
Allergic conjunctivitis total diagnosed prevalent cases were found out to be 65,502,156 among 7MM in 2017.
1. Allergic conjunctivitis is further segmented as acute and chronic, among which acute allergic conjunctivitis cases are found to be more prevalent as compared to the chronic cases.
2. Among EU5 countries, Allergic conjunctivitis prevalent population is highest in Germany followed by Italy. Spain accounts for the lowest number of prevalent cases.
3. Allergic Conjunctivitis diagnosed prevalence is higher in the United States with 33,805,769 diagnosed cases in 2017, which are expected to increase in 2028.
DelveInsight launched a new report on Allergic Conjunctivitis - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. Allergic Conjunctivitis market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Allergic Conjunctivitis epidemiology and Allergic Conjunctivitis market in the 7 MM (United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Allergic Conjunctivitis market report provides insights on the current and emerging therapies.
3. Allergic Conjunctivitis market report provides global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Allergic Conjunctivitis market report provides an edge that will help in developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the Allergic Conjunctivitis market.
"Allergies conjunctivitis affect people of all ages, though they are more common in children and young adults."
Allergic Conjunctivitis therapeutic market in seven major markets was estimated to be USD 1617.9 million in 2017, which is expected to increase by 2028. As per DelveInsight estimates, the United States accounts for the largest Allergic Conjunctivitis market size, in comparison to EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan. Among the EU5 countries, Germany had the highest market size in 2017, while Spain had the lowest Allergic Conjunctivitis market size.
At present, Allergic Conjunctivitis marketed drugs include decongestants (Lotemax, Alrex), mast cell stabilizers (Alocril, Pataday), dual action antihistamines (Patanol, Beprev), and many more.
Despite the availability of Allergic Conjunctivitis treatment, a significant number of patients do not respond to antihistamines, especially after acute effects of the medication wear off. These patients have then prescribed corticosteroids and other more potent drugs that may lead to a variety of ocular toxicities. Thus, there is a need for novel and safe medicines for mitigating Allergic Conjunctivitis symptoms. In addition to this, the diagnosis of ocular allergy is based on clinical history and signs and symptoms. The support of in vivo and in vitro tests for specific allergen is required for the identification. Till date, no specific test is available for the diagnosis of the whole spectrum of different forms of ocular allergy. The lack of proper diagnosis of ocular allergy is considered a medical need not only for allergists but also for ophthalmologists.
Additionally, patients who become resistant to the current therapy choices; the limited number of choices, as well as, the lack of potent drugs with long-term safety, creates an opportunity to market a wider variety of effective therapies, as well as, potential therapies that are suited for long-term use. From a commercial perspective, companies developing future pipeline products will need to have a novel mechanism of action and show significant overall efficacy benefits over the current standard-of-care. These products will also have to maintain or improve upon the safety and side effect profiles of the existing products in order to launch successfully.
However, an increase in the awareness about allergic conjunctivitis among patients, medical communities, and people associated with this disease is one of the major drivers for the growth of the global allergic conjunctivitis market.
Companies involved are
1. Aldeyra Therapeutics
2. ORA, Inc.
3. Ocular Therapeutix, Inc
4. Faes Farma
5. Marinomed Biotech
and many others.
Drugs that are involved are
1. Reproxalap Ocular
And many others
Table of contents
1. Key Insights
2. Allergic Conjunctivitis Market Overview at a Glance
3. Allergic Conjunctivitis Disease Background and Overview
4. Allergic Conjunctivitis Epidemiology and Patient Population
5. Allergic Conjunctivitis 7MM Total Diagnosed Prevalent Patient Population
6. Allergic Conjunctivitis Country Wise-Epidemiology
6.1. United States
6.2.5. United Kingdom
7. Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Algorithm
8. Unmet Needs
9. Allergic Conjunctivitis Marketed drugs
9.1. Marketed drugs by Class
9.1.3. Topical/Systemic antihistamines
9.1.4. Mast cell stabilizers
9.1.5. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory disease (NSAIDs):
9.1.7. Dual acting Antihistamines/Mast cell stabilizers
10. Emerging Drugs
11. Allergic Conjunctivitis 7 Major Market Analysis
12. Market Outlook by Country
12.1. The United States: Market Outlook
12.2. EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
12.2.3. United Kingdom
12.3. Japan: Market Outlook
13. Market Drivers
14. Market Barriers
16. DelveInsight Capabilities
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.