This free event takes place on Saturday, May 21st and Sunday, May 22nd, at the Dallas Market Hall and will introduce pet lovers to all the pet resources that Dallas- and national - communities have to offer.
Dallas, TX -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/13/2016 -- Pet lovers in Dallas should get their four-legged (or no-legged!) friends ready for the 2016 Dallas Pet Expo. The sixth year of this annual event will be jam-packed with an abundance of local and nationally-recognized veterinarians, groomers, trainers, retailers and organizations geared towards pet lovers.
Whether your pet slithers or hops, we invite animals of all ages (and their two-legged parents) to attend. If Fluffy is prone to crankiness, though, we have a few tips to help ensure he or she still has the best day possible:
1. Only bring your pet along if it is well behaved, non-aggressive and doesn't get stressed out in crowded, stimulating and noisy situations. There are all kinds of other animals, small children, wheelchairs and lots of people at the event. You know your pet best, so please use your best judgment to make sure that your pet will enjoy the expo just as much as you will.
2. While staff members are always carefully watching the crowds and pets to ensure everyone stays safe, it only takes a second for a dog bite to occur. Please review safe pet greeting behaviors with your children before attending the show. Remind your child to always ask the owner's permission to pet an animal, allow the pet to sniff their hands and then they should gently pet the animal's chest, chin or back (not the top of its head), speaking calmly and quietly. If a dog is hyper and won't sit for the owner, walk away and don't allow your child to pet the dog.
3. A few rules for bringing pets: Your pet must be current on all shots or you should plan to have your pet's immunizations updated at the event. The immunization requirement only applies to dogs, cats and ferrets. A rabies tag is acceptable as proof of immunization, as are blood titer results for those pet owners who don't immunize annually. Dogs must be on a fixed lead or a locked lead, no longer than 6 feet, at all times. No female pets in heat can attend. You'll be required to sign a pet waiver at the entrance, but you can avoid waiting in line by visiting the Dallas Pet Expo website to fill your pet waiver form out in advance.
4. Once inside, stop by the prize entry table to register for awesome giveaways and prizes from an abundance of exhibitors. Does your pet have an amazing talent or enjoy being the center of attention? Make sure to enter them in the pet talent and costume contests.
5. Bring cash. There are many opportunities for shopping and donations and some rescue groups may not accept credit cards. There is an ATM on site as well.
6. If you are interested in adopting a pet, the Mega-Adoption area could be just what you're looking for, plus the majority of rescue groups have pets in their booths too. Hundreds of pets will be available for adoption and applications.
7. Take note of the pet-potty areas on the map. There will be pet clean-up teams at the event but you'll also be given bags for your pet's waste pick-up when you enter. Please be kind and pick up after your pet.
8. Pet water stations will be scattered throughout the expo so that your excited companion doesn't get dehydrated. These are communal bowls, so if you have a puppy or elderly pet, please keep it safe and bring a travel or disposable bowl for their use.
9. This a large event. If your pets breed can't tolerate this kind of exertion, (for example, English Bulldogs), please plan to bring a stroller or wagon for them. While the event is indoor and air-conditioned, it is still a lot of exercise for breeds that don't handle heat or exercise well.
10. Pace yourself! It's a long weekend and there are many things to see. Make sure you take periodic breaks and give your pet a chance to rest - or step out of the expo for a few moments of quiet - if you plan to stay all day.
11. Many exhibitors offer some sort of treat for pets. If your pet has a sensitive stomach or is super excited, you may want to consider allowing your pet one or two treats and then allowing her/him to enjoy the rest at home.
12. If you have a small or tiny dog, you may want to be prepared to either carry it or have a stroller available. There are so many large and extra-large dogs at the expo that some small pet owners feel overwhelmed. Beware; little fur-babies may unintentionally get stepped on.
13. If you are attending the expo with the intent of adopting a new family member, you may want to bring a crate or some sort of car restraint. If you don't have one, be prepared to purchase something along those lines at the show. People ask at each show if we have any boxes or crates that they can have/borrow. We don't and cage/pet carriers may sell out. So either bring one with you or plan to arrive extra early so that you can make sure that a pet restraint is available for purchase.
About The Dallas Pet Expo
The Dallas Pet Expo will also feature more than 120 exhibitors, live entertainment and demonstrations, and a Petfinder.com mega-adoption area with more than 100 rescue pets available for adoption. Low-cost immunizations and free nail trims will also be available for all the furry friends who need them.
The event will take place on Saturday, May 21st, from 10am to 6pm, and Sunday, May 22nd, from 11am to 4pm, at the Dallas Market Hall. This free, indoor, and air-conditioned event is expected to attract more than 17,000 attendees along with their furry, feathered and reptilian pals who are looking to enjoy a one-of-a-kind experience where all pets can enjoy a fun day out with their pet parent(s). All well-behaved pets are welcome, as long as they're on a fixed lead (or in a carrier) and have proof of age-appropriate rabies vaccines.
The 2016 Dallas Pet Expo is produced by Amazing Expos, a leading event production company that currently produces more than 30 large pet expos across the United States.
For more information, call 800-977-3609, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.dallaspetexpo.com/