DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/06/2019 -- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. The people between the ages of 40 and 70 are likely to develop Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis with an average age of 55 at the time of diagnosis.
2. The age group with the highest Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis prevalence as well as incidence was 70-79 years, and the male-female ratio was approximately 1.5.
3. The estimated Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis prevalence in 2015 was 5.2 per 100,000 population, which is similar to that in 2014.
(Albany, US) DelveInsight launched a new report on Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis epidemiology and Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis market in the 7 MM (United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis market report provides insights on the current and emerging therapies.
3. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis market.
Request for sample pages
"With increasing age, the Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis incidence is equal between men and women."
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis is characterized by abnormal protein aggregation. Hence, there is a therapeutic approach that may target heat shock proteins (HSPs), which are cellular defense mechanisms with neuroprotective effects against these aggregates. The keystone of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis treatment remains symptomatic.
While there exists no cure for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, scientists, however, are working toward the development of therapies for this disease. There are currently three treatments approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for ALS. These are Rilutek (Riluzole; Covis Pharmaceuticals), Tiglutik (riluzole; oral suspension; ITF Pharma), and Radicava (Edaravone; Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma). Various studies and researchers have reported the use of Rilutek in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, as it was approved in the 1990s. However, its effects are uncertain, extending life for about a couple of months. Recently, Radicava was approved by the US FDA in May 2017.
There are several other therapies recommended for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis treatment, such as physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, nutritional support, breathing support, etc.
Physical therapy is vital to enhance an individual's independence and safety throughout Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Physical therapies involve swimming, low aerobic exercise, bicycling or stretching exercises. Occupational therapies, involves ramps, braces, walkers, and wheelchairs that help individuals conserve energy and remain mobile.
A majority of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis patients eventually develop respiratory inefficiency. Nocturnal hypoventilation is usually the first sign of respiratory dysfunction. Symptoms may negatively influence the quality of life long before respiratory failure ensues. In such cases, breathing devices may also improve quality of life and extend survival. Non-invasive ventilators such as a BiPAP machine which it refers to as breathing support help people with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis breathe better, sleep better and boost survival by about a year according to some while neither of these treatments has been shown to halt the progression of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, some people who take either or both of them may experience a positive impact on their progression.
The launch of the emerging therapies is expected to significantly impact Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis treatment scenario in the upcoming years:-
And many others
The key players in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis market are:
4. Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics
5. Anelixis Therapeutics
7. Implicit Bioscience
And many others
Table of contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Market Overview at a Glance
3. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Disease Background and Overview
4. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Epidemiology and Patient Population
5. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Epidemiology by Countries (2017-2028)
5.1. United States- Epidemiology (2017-2028)
5.2. EU-5 - Epidemiology (2017-2028)
5.3. Germany-Epidemiology (2017-2028)
5.4. France-Epidemiology (2017-2028)
5.5. Italy-Epidemiology (2017-2028)
5.6. Spain-Epidemiology (2017-2028)
5.7. United Kingdom-Epidemiology (2017-2028)
5.8. Japan-Epidemiology (2017-2028)
6. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatments & Medical Practices
7. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Marketed Products
7.1. Rilutek: Covis Pharmaceuticals
7.2. Radicava: Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma
8. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Emerging Therapies
8.1. Key Cross Competition
8.2. ODM-109: Orion
8.3. Reldesemtiv: Cytokinetics/Astellas
8.4. Arimoclomol: Orphazyme
8.5. NurOwn: Brainstorm-Cell Therapeutics
8.6. IC14: Implicit Bioscience
9. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Market Size
10. 7MM: Country-Wise Market Analysis
10.1.United States Market Size
10.2.Germany Market Size
10.3. France Market Size
10.4. Italy Market Size
10.5. Spain Market Size
10.6.United Kingdom Market Size
10.7.Japan Market Size
11. Market Drivers
12. Market Barriers
13. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Report Methodology
14. DelveInsight Capabilities
16. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.