Fast Market Research recommends "Annual Deal Report - Defense" from ICD-Research, now available
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/24/2012 -- The 'Defense Annual Deal Report' will help dealmakers to effectively and efficiently gain an in-depth understanding into deal activity in the global defense industry in 2011.
- The defense industry reported 574 transactions worth US$62.6 billion in 2011.
- Deal activity fluctuated on a monthly basis and peaked in June 2011, while September 2011 recorded the lowest activity. Second half of the year recorded a decline in deal activity compared with first of the year. When considering quarterly deal activity, deal activity was the highest in Q22011 and the lowest in Q32011.
- Majority of the transactions in the defense industry were M&A transactions followed by partnership transactions.
- The C4ISR Electronics and IT sector dominated the deal activity in the year, followed by the aerospace products and parts manufacturing segment.
- The principal drivers of deal activity remained scaling-up business and geographical expansion, with a primary focus on mitigating risks associated with dependence on domestic markets, and exploring opportunities arising from emerging markets.
- Another wave of consolidation in the defense industry was seen in 2011 and this trend could continue in the short to medium term, amid government budget cuts for military spending in the US and Western Europe.
- Banking on attractive debt markets, companies in the defense industry raised US$11.1 billion from debt markets, compared with US$3.2 billion raised from equity markets.
- PE/VC investments in the industry in 2011 stood at US4.6 billion, the majority of these investments went into C4ISR Electronics and IT space.
- Many planned strategic sales of business units were reported in 2011, which may materialize in 2012. This gives a sense of promising deal activity in 2012 as well.
- M&A activity was dominated by C4ISR Electronics and IT segment with 148 transactions worth US$26.4 billion.
- Strategic partnerships recorded 142 transactions, which were dominated by the North American region and the C4ISR Electronics and IT segment.
- The C4ISR Electronics and IT segment dominated the deal activity in the year with the highest deal activity, followed by the aerospace products and parts manufacturing segment.
- The North American region accounted for the majority of the deal activity in 2011, followed by the European region. The Asia-Pacific region was the third most active in terms of overall deal activity and mainly driven by growth in emerging markets such as China and India.
- In BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) countries, India dominated the deal activity with most number of deals, while Brazil was the least active country in the group.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Companies Mentioned in this Report: United Technologies, Goodrich, General Electric, Converteam, EchoStar, Hughes Communications, EchoStar,, Providence Equity, SRA International, KfW Bankengruppe, EADS, Daimler, Intelsat, Pratt & Whitney, International Aero Engines, Rolls-Royce, Huntington Ingalls Industries, Carlyle, Diversified Machine, JPMorgan, SKIL Infrastructure, ADS, Firepro Systems, Agnice Fire Protection, Hindustan Aeronautics, Ness Technologies, Bharat Electronics, Rafael,, Volvo, Bank of America Corporation, Barclays Capital Inc., Citigroup Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Credit Suisse Group AG,, Morgan Stanley, UBS AG, Jefferies & Company, Inc., Deutsche Bank Securities, Inc., N M Rothschild & Sons Limited, Bartlit Beck Herman Palenchar & Scott LLP, Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Jones Day Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP,, SNR Denton US LLP, DLA Piper LLP, General Dynamics, Vangent, Veritas Capital, Astrium, Vizada, Precision Castparts, Primus International, Caterpillar, ERA Mining Machinery, Esterline, Souriau, United Aircraft Corporation, Ilyushin Finance, GKN, Latecoere, Safran, Thales, Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), Stork Fokker, Allison Transmission, Rexnord, Wesco Aircraft, Triumph Group, Spirit Aero Systems, Astronics, Mercury Computer Systems,, Verint Systems, Comverse Technology, Kratos Defense, Mace Security International, Quickstep Holdings, OSI Geospatial, Chemring, Pipavav Defence and Offshore Engineering, Northrop Grumman, API Technologies, Lattice,, Tactical Air Defense Services, Phoenix International, Armor Designs, TriMas, NPO Saturn, Honeywell, BAE Systems, L-3 Communications, Curtiss-Wright, FLIR Systems, Apax Partners, Epicor Software, Silver Lake Partners, SMART Modular Technologies, Ares Management, Global Defense Technology, Exponent, Pattonair, Umeco, Fortress Investment,, Vector Capital, RAE Systems, Bridgepoint Development Capital, Hampson Industries, MRV Communications, Creative Electronic Systems, Mill Road Capital, National Technical Systems, Achronix Semiconductor, Daylight Solutions, Digital Signal, TeraDiode, Ondax, Probe Manufacturing, Star Capital Partners, ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems, Dassault Aviation, Raytheon, Global Aerospace Logistics, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, GE Aviation, Aviation Industry Corporation of China, Sikorsky, AlphaStar, Ashok Leyland Defence Systems, Krauss-Maffei Wegmann, Magellan Aerospace, Elbit Systems, Reliance Industries, Saab.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Defense research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Italian Defense Industry: Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2016
- February Monthly Deals Roundup - Defense
- The Netherlands Defense Industry: Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2016
- The Belgian Defense Industry: Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2016
- "Competition for a Share of Sustainability Expenditure in the Defense Industry 2010-12: Green Marketing Strategies and Drivers, Defense Supplier Expenditure Activity, and Impact on Profitability
- Monthly Deal Roundup - Defense
- July Monthly Deal Roundup - Defense
- November Monthly Deal Roundup - Defense
- May Monthly Deal Roundup- Defense
- The Chilean Defense Industry - Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies Analyses and Forecasts to 2015