Factors such as increasing prevalence of obesity, adoption of sedentary lifestyle, increasing aging population, and chronic nature of disease drive the market growth.
Portland, OR -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/25/2017 -- Anti-obesity drugs are pharmacological agents that are used to lose cholesterol and reduce the body weight. These drugs generally show their action by altering the fundamental functioning of the normal body by utilization of calories or by altering the appetite.
Get sample PDF Brochure @ https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-toc-and-sample/4170
However, side effects of the drugs and limited availability of combination therapy restrain the market growth. Moreover, introduction of novel anti-obesity drugs and untapped opportunities in emerging nations increase opportunities for the market growth during the forecast period.
The anti-obesity drugs market is segmented on the basis of drug class, medication, type, and region. On the basis of drug class it is segmented into peripherally acting anti-obesity drugs and centrally acting anti-obesity drugs. On the basis of medication, it is segmented into monotherapies and polytherapies. On the basis of type, it is segmented into prescription drugs and OTC drugs. Geographically the market has been analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Key players in the market include Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Alizyme plc, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Novo Nordisk A/S, Pfizer Inc, Shionogi Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., and Norgine B.V.
Do purchase Inquiry @ https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/purchase-enquiry/4170
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product helps understand various types of drugs used to treat obesity.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions has been provided, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which helps understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Global Anti-obesity Drugs Market Key Segments:
By Drug Class
- Peripherally Acting Anti-obesity Drugs
- Centrally Acting Anti-obesity Drugs