Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/20/2012 -- GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider has released its latest research "Antifungals Market to 2017 - Generic Erosion of Major Polyenes, Azoles, Allylamines and Echinocandins to Slow Value Growth", which provides an insight into antifungals sales and price forecasts until 2017. The report examines the global antifungal therapies, treatment usage patterns and treatment flow algorithm. In addition, the geographical distribution of antifungal therapies across the US, the top five countries in the European region and Japan are also provided in the report. The report also includes insights into the Research and Development (R&D) pipeline and the potential future blockbusters until 2017 with in-depth analysis of the top three antifungal therapeutic indications, namely aspergillosis, dermatophytosis and candidiasis. Furthermore, it also includes the market forecasts and treatment usage patterns of these three therapeutic indications. The report also explores the competitive landscape including top companies benchmarking. Finally, the key trend analysis on Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) and licensing agreements involving antifungals therapies is also presented.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In-depth analysis of the report is based on propriety databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by the GBI Research team of experts.
GBI Research analysis shows that the global antifungals market was estimated at $9.4 billion in 2010, with a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 2.9% during 2002 and 2010. The antifungals market is dominated by generics. GBI Research forecasts that the market will grow at a CAGR of 1.9% during 2010-2017 to $10.8 billion. The patent expiry of a number of major drugs has paved way for the entry of generics.
GBI Research analysis shows that the R&D pipeline for the antifungals market is not strong as it has become a generic market. Currently, only 38 molecules are in R&D, which indicates that antifungals R&D activity will not be very active for at least the next seven to eight years.
- Data and analysis on the antifungals market in the leading geographies of the world - the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
- Annualized market data for the antifungals market from 2002-2010 with forecasts to 2017.
- Market data on the geographical landscape and therapeutic landscape, including market size, market share, annual cost of therapy, sales volume and treatment usage patterns such as disease population, treatment seeking population, diagnosis population and prescription population.
- The competitive landscape of the global antifungals market including top companies' benchmarking.
- Key M&A activities and licensing agreements that took place in 2009, 2010 and 2011 in the antifungals market.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Ferrer Internacional S.A., BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc., Pfizer Inc., Merck & Co Inc, Astellas Pharma Inc
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Central Nervous System Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Multiple Sclerosis, Major Depressive Disorder and Schizophrenia Accounted for Half the Market Value in 2010
- Antifungals Market to 2016 - Promising Antifungals in Pipeline Includes Novel Azoles, Polyenes and Echinocandin
- UK Pharmaceutical Market Overview - Pricing and reimbursement challenges dampen future growth
- Italy Pharmaceutical Market Overview Generic penetration set to rise
- Japan Pharmaceutical Market Overview Regulatory reforms will stimulate generics uptake
- Russia Pharmaceutical Market Overview Pharma companies target Russia despite the challenges it presents
- Blood Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Patent Expiries of Lovenox, Plavix, Procrit/Epogen, Aranesp and Neulasta Will Slow Down Growth
- Infectious Diseases Vaccine Market Overview: Key Companies & Strategies - In times of crisis, Big Pharma turns to vaccines
- Gastrointestinal Disorder Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Crohn's Disease and Irritable Bowel Syndrome Markets Show Strongest Growth
- Australia Pharmaceutical Market Overview - Reforms and continued price cuts will change the healthcare landscape